Places to eat in Mijas

(4 Posts)
Coffecake99 Sun 24-Jul-16 18:16:17

Off Mijas soon for the first time. Can anyone recommend good places to eat out. Thanks in advance.

rookiemere Sun 24-Jul-16 19:24:24

I'm so jealous we had a week in the Costa Del Sol and spent our last day visiting Mijas. There were so many great things to do - Chocolate making at the chocolate factory, the Tuk Tuk electric car ride which gives you discounts to the miniature museum - unmissable, and the Picasso museum (less so).

We ate at the place recommended by the Tuk Tuk driver and enjoyed a good Paella - for some reason they don't advertise this menu outside, but they do have it available.It's called La Reja, they also have a good childrens menu and free wifi. We were the only ones eating on the balcony terrace. It was lovely.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 25-Jul-16 11:36:04

When in Spain I just look for somewhere that does typical Spanish food and offers a Menu del Dia (fixed price short menu 2 or 3 course lunch with a drink for about 8-12 Euro). Then tapas in the evening. Not been disappointed yet.

The way to do it is go round several bars and have a drink and a tapa in each one (you won't need a big meal if you've had menu del dia). If you like a bar, you can stay for another, if you don't you can move on and see what the next place offers.

Are you planning to go off on trips from Mijas or just stay locally?

Bee182814 Mon 25-Jul-16 11:42:05

For a treat night Valparaiso is lovely (a little down the hill past the BP garage) my family have been going there for years, it's a lovely evening out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now