Alternatives to First Choice Holiday Villages

(10 Posts)
MintChocAddict Sat 23-Jul-16 00:31:26

Have been to a couple of HVs and enjoyed them but feel it's getting too repetitive now.
Have children who love to be busy, join in and take part in activities and be around the entertainment in the evening. The massive choice of activities and kids club options really appeal to them but I'm a bit bored with the HV concept / repetitive entertainment.

Anyone been to HVs and subsequently found somewhere just as good? Would ideally prefer All Inclusive and short haul. Spain and Spanish Islands probably be a preference as not a fan of flying but would go further afield for the right place.

TIA.

ZedWoman Sat 23-Jul-16 17:38:43

We went to a Thomson Family Resort last year after doing a couple of HVs. We went to the one in Ibiza (next door to the HV and shares the water park with it). The entertainment isn't quite as 'full on' and the kids clubs only run once per day for each age group, but there is plenty of activities available. No football/swim academy.

We also went to a Splashworld in Zante. It had limited First Choice entertainment and kids club but the hotel itself ran its own as well (which were actually better).

MintChocAddict Sat 23-Jul-16 21:13:42

Thanks zedwoman
Will take a look at Thomson. Think a Splashworld might appeal too.

fisharefriendsnotfood Sat 23-Jul-16 21:19:55

Blue lagoon village in Kos. Family life holiday with Thomson. Do not confuse with the resort. It's amazing

exLtEveDallas Sat 23-Jul-16 21:20:56

We stopped HVs once DD hit 8 - she found it all too young for her. Ever since we've chosen holidays with waterparks and it's been a great choice for us.

We love Egypt, but understand lots of people wouldn't go there. Highly recommend the Jungle Aqua Park and Jaz Makai Aquaviva if you would.

The Blue Lagoon Resort in Kos was excellent, small waterpark, brilliant hotel entertainment team, evening entertainment that was on the same vein as HV but slightly less cheesy!

The Louis Patheon Beach in Paphos is outstanding. Food is to die for, small waterpark, hotel entertainment team, kids park, good shows. I'd go back tomorrow (but I can't because we are off to Egypt tomorrow!)

exLtEveDallas Sat 23-Jul-16 21:23:47

Ahh cross post with fish smile.

Yes The Blue Lagoon Village is great as well, but we preferred the Resort as it was closer to Kos Town which is lovely for shopping, mooching and meals out. Resort is cheaper, but Village is more classy smile

MintChocAddict Sat 23-Jul-16 21:30:17

Thank you fish and ex Will have a look at those suggestions too. Enjoy your hols when they come ex

leccybill Sat 23-Jul-16 21:31:44

Can also highly recommend Blue Lagoon Village in Kos. It's amazing. It's basically 'if mumsnet did holiday resorts...'

I didn't think there were any flights to Egypt out of the UK at present?

What about Port Aventura in Salou?

TheFairyCaravan Sat 23-Jul-16 21:37:31

DH and I went to Tui Magic Life Fuerteventura in April/May. There were loads of children there but we didn't see them in the day because they were always off doing something.

We really enjoyed it as a couple too. As it was so big, with so many pools, it was quiet, there were plenty of sunbeds, the rooms were huge and the food was fantastic.

exLtEveDallas Sat 23-Jul-16 22:44:30

Leccy

I didn't think there were any flights to Egypt out of the UK at present?

Only Sharm has issues. We go to Hurgahda. It's quieter and hasn't had any trouble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now