Talk

Advanced search

Sa Coma, Mallorca

(12 Posts)
GetHappy Tue 12-Jul-16 16:05:39

Has anyone been here? Views?

Views - thinking of going with DD who is 2 in September

LMGTFY Tue 12-Jul-16 16:08:21

It's very quiet, nice though. What are you looking for from the holiday?

GetHappy Tue 12-Jul-16 19:33:56

Just looking for a nice week away with pleasant beaches to enjoy some quality family time. Nice places to eat too.

notasausage Tue 12-Jul-16 21:25:14

We're just back from the Coma Gran with Thomson Family Life. I cannot fault Thomson Family Life (our second year holidaying with this brand) however, at 2 your DD may be too young to really enjoy it as much as say a 4-8yr old as there are lots of activities during the day for slightly older children. The daily superdogs show in the evening would be ideal though. Family Life resorts do have a creche for babies 0-2 though if you think you'd like to use something like this. The hotel was lovely, food good, nice non-slip water jet park and shallow pool with slides for wee ones. Only comment was that the rooms are on long corridors and we found it a bit noisy - take ear plugs or request a room away from the lifts! Hotel also offers self catering which we booked initally and then upgraded for our last few days to AI. Sa Coma was nice as a resort and does have a lovely beach which is shallow for quite a way out. Lots of sunbeds and parasols. We were also at the Protur Bonaire in Cala Bona just up the coast last year with Thomson Family. We preferred this hotel and resort though it was a bit more of a walk to the harbour where most of the restaurants are and didn't have a nice beach. Easy to get around on the coast with a frequent bus service so you could easily stay in Cala Bona and get the bus to the beach on a few days.

LMGTFY Wed 13-Jul-16 07:31:04

I second all that notasausage says. We've stayed in both hotels too. Cala bona has far more choice however if you're just after peace then sa coma is the place.

KitKat1985 Wed 13-Jul-16 13:01:08

We stayed in Sa Coma (also at the Coma Gran) last year. The resort is small enough to be able to walk around pretty easily, and it's very family friendly. It is pretty quiet as resorts go but then if you are going with a two year old I can't imagine you are after heavy nightlife, so I think it could suit you well.

GetHappy Wed 13-Jul-16 13:12:34

Thank you. We went to Puerto Pollensa last year and loved it but the prices were double what we paid!

grannyinwaiting Wed 13-Jul-16 20:44:36

We're going to sa coma next month. I know it'll be busy and hot but we got a bargain! Is is ok?

grannyinwaiting Wed 13-Jul-16 20:45:25

I mean is it going to be really full and noisy?!

notasausage Thu 14-Jul-16 13:31:32

No, you will love it. Contact the hotel before you go and ask for a quiet room is away from the stage. The resort of Sa Coma has enough to make a pleasant walk out of an evening but not loads of bars

grannyinwaiting Thu 14-Jul-16 17:41:30

Thank you! Will do.

springiscoming16 Sun 24-Jul-16 14:44:17

We went to Sa Coma three years ago and stayed at the coma Gran. Sa coma itself is a very British place with only bars for Brits and very touristic restaurant. We will definitely go back to Mallorca but we will really try to avoid sa coma. The only positive I can list is the beach and wonderful shallow sea, but da coma is only a touristic development without anything nice or authentic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now