Talk

Advanced search

Where in the Algarve is good for a villa holiday?

(11 Posts)
Anjelika Tue 05-Jul-16 10:49:39

Starting to think about Summer 2017 and would like to rent a villa in the Algarve. Last year we went to Mijas in Spain and I am looking for somewhere a bit like that - a pretty little town inland with plenty of restaurants and small shops but within a 15 minute drive to the coast. Looked at owners direct yesterday and there are SO many villas to choose from. I need to narrow down by location. Guia looks like it might be nice?

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 11:11:08

Yes Guia is fine, quite small but a couple of nice restaurants. I live in the Algarve, have you looked at Silves?

Anjelika Tue 05-Jul-16 11:55:14

Hi Costa. I was hoping you might be around to answer my question! I haven't looked at anywhere specific and I don't know the area very well. We once stayed in Albufeira but this was before kids. Just started looking on owners direct yesterday. Do you have any other suggestions for small inland towns or villages within a short drive to nice beaches/resorts? Guess I'd like somewhere with 5+ restaurants as we'd be there for 2 weeks and would eat out a few times.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 12:05:09

Do you want to be within walking distance of restaurants? Tbh inland towns probably aren't going to have the same access to restaurants etc as the coastal resorts

Anjelika Tue 05-Jul-16 12:13:23

Hi Costa. Happy to drive to restaurants. Last year we stayed "out of town" for the first time ever and really enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 12:22:02

Ok, well look around alcantarilha, Silves, Lagoa maybe Algoz. Closer to the coast but quieter areas are caramujeira, vale de Rei, benagil and the area between Carvoeiro and ferragudo

If you're looking on listing sites use the map view

I'm afraid they're mostly close to the Carvoeiro area as that's where I know best but if you want to pm me links to individual properties, I'll have a look at them for you

Anjelika Tue 05-Jul-16 12:33:26

Thanks Costa. You are very helpful. Just starting my research really and will look in earnest when I get back from this year's holiday. We're happy to be somewhere quiet but within driving distance of restaurants, beach etc. I also think we'll get more for our money if we're out of town!

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 12:47:39

Possibly - but not always - there's more competition in the resorts and the more remote properties are often bigger with more land, and a higher rent! Anyway, the earlier you start looking the better choice you'll have smile

Anjelika Fri 08-Jul-16 10:07:13

Hi Costa. Have pm'd you.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 08-Jul-16 11:53:05

Have replied grin

justaweeone Mon 11-Jul-16 06:56:47

We like Lagos
Large town but it ha beach
Lots of nice restaurants and bars

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now