Jet2 vs RyanAir

(14 Posts)
twoboots1 Fri 01-Jul-16 11:50:29

I think this whole thing will be an ordeal, we are contemplating going to a family wedding celebration in Granda in mid September for a long weekend.

We will have an 8-10 week old and an 8 year old.

Lots of logistics to work out and we may not go in the end!!

Flying from east midlands to Malaga. Which airline is going to be less stressful?

Kalispera Fri 01-Jul-16 12:10:19

Jet2 are fab. Good leg room and really good customer service.

AgentProvocateur Fri 01-Jul-16 12:12:20

And you can get a bus directly from Malaga airport to Grenada. It's a beautiful city/town.

NicknameUsed Fri 01-Jul-16 12:16:29

I have never flown with Ryanair, but can recommend Jet2. We have flown with them twice recently. They treat passengers like valued customers, and there is more legroom than you get in most economy seats. DD was unwell on one flight and the flight attendants were really helpful.

I like that you can't recline the seats as well.

trixymalixy Fri 01-Jul-16 12:28:25

Jet2 are way more family friendly than Ryanair.

We had two seats at the back of the plane and two at the front which was fine as each adult could take one child. When we came to check in however jet2 had moved us all together.

BTW flying with a baby that Wee is a doddle. We took DD to Rome when she was 8 weeks and she just slept the whole time.

twoboots1 Fri 01-Jul-16 13:43:39

Im not too worried about the baby beyond the flight and transfers, we travelled with dd1 quite a bit, the couple have booked a hotel for most of the family in centro sagario, the package comes with lots of included activities, we plan to get a suite/apartment nearby and join them at our lesiure

I am obsessed with going to the alhambra, I dont plan to bring a pram, I hope 4 nights in mid september wont be too warm.

Anyone taken a baby to Granada?

rookiemere Fri 01-Jul-16 14:15:46

I prefer Jet2 to Ryanair, but to be honest I've found both to be fine, so I'd go with whichever is cheapest.

If you do go Ryanair just make sure you follow the rules with regards to weight of baggage, printing out tickets etc. etc. and it'll be grand. For both, book your seats.

monkeywithacowface Fri 01-Jul-16 14:21:14

I've only flown ryan air, they're fine for the price. Pre book your seats, get to the gate early. The only thing I hate about East Midlands is if you need a bus to and from the plane they pack you in like cattle which isn't pleasant

MadisonAvenue Fri 01-Jul-16 14:26:02

Never flown Jet2 but have flown frequently to Ireland with Ryanair and never had a problem. Very basic but when I've paid pence under £20 for a return flight I'm not going to moan.

NicknameUsed Fri 01-Jul-16 14:26:23

"The only thing I hate about East Midlands is if you need a bus to and from the plane they pack you in like cattle which isn't pleasant"

That happens at every airport that doesn't have jet bridges which, in my experience, is most airports in European destinations, even very busy airports like Rome.

AgentProvocateur Fri 01-Jul-16 14:37:05

If you want to go to the Alhambra, book your tickets online as soon as you can to get an early morning slot. It gets very warm. You can book them online then collect them from a cashpoint in Granada. Amazingly easy. ,

monkeywithacowface Fri 01-Jul-16 14:50:39

Probably, just only seems to happen to me at East Midlands but on the upside it is a small and easy airport to fly from in every other way.

gettingtogreat Fri 01-Jul-16 14:53:38

I wouldn't fly Ryanair any more if they paid me.

Madbengalmum Fri 01-Jul-16 14:59:55

Jet2 are better than ryanair by a mile.
Ryanair seem to cancel flghts and change times more than any line i know, i avoid them unless no other options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now