Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp - going downhill?

(16 Posts)
Jenijena Sat 25-Jun-16 19:41:20

Interested in other people's views of Eurocamp. This is fourth holiday in four years with them in Brittany and standards really seem to be slipping. The caravans are less than spectacularly clean; not all equipment is available despite pre ordering; when we first came we couldn't move without seeing a courier but few and far between now. Travel pack downgraded over the years from bag & game & travel brochure to this year's pdf. Even random stuff like eg a jug isn't standard kitchen equipment anymore. The pre school activities this year have lost tumbletots and the preschooler activities non existent, with fairly rubbish tatty equipment. We've returned to the same site for three years (although seen others through multi centre holidays) so really seen it deteriorate. And whilst I don't need a complimentary pack of cards (!) the little touches made the difference!

Of the operators on this site, canvas seems to be the slickest & most attractive.

Had planned to book direct with the campsite this year but newborn tiredness meant we went for the easy option, but next time don't be making the same mistake. It's all 'OK' but definitely lost its nice edges.

Just me, or anyone else?

Nyancat Wed 29-Jun-16 23:56:07

Found them dreadful this year, we stayed with lifestyle for a week in Brittany and they were great, caravan was so clean, pitches huge and the couriers really helpful. Had stayed with eurocamp on the same site last year and had been disappointed by their staff.

We then moved to another site with eurocamp. We had to wait for hours for the caravan to be ready. When we finally got in it wasn't particularly clean, the extras we had ordered for the baby weren't there. We had to wait hours more for a cot and the other items never appeared because apparently ordering them doesn't actually mean you will get them. The couriers were rude and disinterested and on a number of occasions I walked past as two or three were openly bitching about customers. The kids couriers were so rude to my 4 yr old when she asked to come in to join in miniclub activities that she wouldn't go back. Will never use eurocamp again. Canvas, kelair or lifestyle if we go again.

mouldycheesefan Fri 01-Jul-16 07:57:01

Thanks for posting both, have done Eurocamp before and was considering for next year but would definitely consider other options on this advice. 💐

Dogolphin Sun 03-Jul-16 18:10:52

Are Yello any good?

Palomb Sun 03-Jul-16 18:13:40

Canvas are fantastic 👍🏼

nulgirl Sun 03-Jul-16 18:18:35

We stayed with Canvas a couple of years ago and liked the company reps but found the caravan was a bit old and tatty. We have booked directly with Yelloh this year as they own the campsite and their caravans looked brilliant last time. We're going next week so I'll report back.

BombadierFritz Sun 03-Jul-16 18:21:46

Phew we have booked direct with yelloh. Can also recommend matthews for brittany if you dont mind bigger but older caravans and less activity stuff - much cheaper than eurocamp

Tattieboggle Sun 03-Jul-16 18:23:56

I've done two Yelloh holidays with my grandchildren and we enjoyed it very much.

samlovesdilys Sun 03-Jul-16 18:37:47

Have been with Eurocamp for ten years and have to say, still think they are great. Couriers do make or break a site though I think - if they are good the entire experience is improved, and think choosing sites with care - look at their reviews and pick places with 8.5+. If in doubt look for a 'castels' site Eurocamp also uses. Always great!!
Canvas do look great and were v friendly but seem limited with range of sites...

nulgirl Sun 03-Jul-16 18:40:36

Has anyone been to the Port de Plaisance campsite in Benodet? That's where we're heading to next week. The last time we went to Perros Guirec - brilliant place but fancied a change.

user1472722318 Thu 01-Sep-16 10:38:53

Completely agree - just got back from Brittany where we had taken the kids before and the caravan was damp, cigarette stain on the wall, smelt of rancid milk and urine, it is really insulting that a company thinks its ok to do that to people. We used to love Eurocamp but the accommodation is such a lottery now (price may not be the best guide!). I note they are a limited company and attempting to roll out new caravan stock - rather than share issues I assume they are doing it by fleecing the existing customers to pay for it? The last time we pay Eurocamp our hard earned money.

haisydaisy Wed 14-Sep-16 14:33:55

We've just had a terrible Eurocamp holiday health and safety issues with the decking - nearly got a nail straight through my foot! And on day 1 opened microwave and there was a bowl of mouldy carrots!!!! Disgusting, housekeeping was appalling! ..... Courier was also rude..... Had 18 issues in total!!! Eurocamp never used to be like this

Huldra Wed 14-Sep-16 16:18:33

Yelloh are fab.
So are Roan.

sunnydayinmay Wed 14-Sep-16 16:21:35

We've been using Eurocamp for 8 years now, and never had a major problem. The pre holiday stuff is rubbish (I used to love the bag, with the toys. Now we just get an email), but the reps have always been great.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Wed 14-Sep-16 16:24:44

We had a Eurocamp holiday this year and was less than impressed, despite previously having good holidays with them.

On arrival, there was no key in the caravan so we had to wait hours for a courier to bring one before we could actually leave the caravan.
The caravan itself was grubby and in bad condition (shower head held on with duct tape, hooks on backs of doors missing...that kind of thing)

Worst of all was that one of the toilets leaked and despite numerous requests to the couriers, nothing ever actually got done about it. They sent someone to clean it, which was fine but it still leaked. Then a maintenance guy from the campsite came but failed to fix it. The couriers just kept blaming the campsite staff...hmm I'm sure that the next family moved into the caravan with the toilet still leaking away.

I did a feedback thing when I got home listing all those issues and have had no response.

I'd definitely avoid them in the future.

Goldenvalley Wed 14-Sep-16 16:24:47

We had a brilliant holiday with Al Fresco this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now