Talk

Advanced search

4/5 star all inclusive with 9 month old?

(8 Posts)
ThisIslandGirl Sat 25-Jun-16 16:19:30

Any suggestions please?

Thinking maybe Portugal/Spain, maybe Greece but open to suggestions.

DH is worried about what we'll do with a baby during the day at an AI hotel (surely no different to at home, hanging out, playing, nap time, short trips out?)

Also, I know there are other threads dedicated to this but any tips to travelling with a 9 month old would be greatly appreciated!

ThisIslandGirl Sat 25-Jun-16 16:20:21

Should have said this will be for early September.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 25-Jun-16 16:26:09

IME 9 months was a hard age as they're on the move.
However we did it every year

Not Portugal though, biggest shit hole I've ever been to and I would not return with my children

Shakey15000 Sat 25-Jun-16 16:29:14

DS has been abroad every year bar one since he was 10months old. September is perfect weather wise for those areas. We have a personal preference for Greece, Corfu in particular. The Greeks adore children smile

My tips would be (aside from obvious sun cream etc) to not get het up about the "normal" routine not happening. Weather can affect appetite so we just fed when hungry and not necessarily because it was dinner "time". Same for sleep, and if DS was up late then so be it.

Nap time was great as we could sit on the balcony reading, drinking etc.

One of those hats with a neck cover was good.

Buy a cheap/second hand pushchair that reclines to use and stick a parasol on it. The airlines chuck it around anyway and our wheels got battered.

MozzchopsThirty Sat 25-Jun-16 16:34:34

Menorca is fab for families

ThisIslandGirl Sat 25-Jun-16 20:10:42

Thank you so much for all of your advice, greatly appreciated! Just have to talk DH into it now! grin

whiteagle Sat 25-Jun-16 20:16:57

I went with a very mobile 2.5 year old and a 5 mth old and then the next year too. For us key is a hotel directly on the beach - so easy. We took a beach tent and the galt blow up ring for the baby - and an orange baby pool ring and a large brim baby banz hat- baby happy to bob for ages! Go and have fun - you might need to tag team on dinner - or ideally feed baby and take sleeping baby in buggy down to dinner. Be flexible with sleeps - nothing wrong with baby going for evening sleep in buggy whilst you eat and then tranferred to cot later in night.

katienana Sat 25-Jun-16 22:00:46

We went to ibiza with an 8 month old. It was great! He splashed in the pool, slept in his pram and enjoyed going for walks. We stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace in playa den bossa. Food was excellent I took some Ella's pouches with me but he didn't use them. He had porridge at breakfast, cheese bread and fruit at lunch and a variety of things at night. He got to try lots of new things due to eating buffet style!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now