Talk

Advanced search

Off to Kephalonia

(6 Posts)
ThirstyNell Sun 19-Jun-16 19:37:29

We're giving Greece a go this year after years of going to the Algarve. We always found that we needed to bring light jackets etc, because the evenings could be very cool- you'd need a blanket or shawl to sit out on the terrace most evenings, once the breeze picked up.
Does anyone know if this is the case in Kephalonia? I don't want to waste the space on all those extra clothes if they're not necessary. We're off to Sami, btw.

chocomochi Sun 19-Jun-16 19:40:20

We were in Crete a couple of weeks ago, and I needed a cardigan for the evening, whether it was sitting in a restaurant by the beach or on the terrace at the villa (on a hill). It was really hot in the day, but cooler at night with the breeze.

Oliviaerinpope Sun 19-Jun-16 19:41:12

I've not been to Kefalonia, but other Greek islands have been boiling in the evening at this time of year IME.

annandale Sun 19-Jun-16 19:43:49

Kefalonia is relatively far north, I would take one light longsleeved thing and at least one pair of long trousers.

Wouldn't you wear them on the journey anyway?

OnyK Sun 19-Jun-16 20:17:04

When are you going?
Evenings in July/Aug are often in the 20s. I only take 1 long sleeved jacket/cardigan to Greece (in high season) and that's to travel in.

ThirstyNell Sun 19-Jun-16 20:36:23

Thanks everyone- we're going next week. Sounds like it doesn't get as cold as Luz - one night the thermometer in the car said 8 degrees! We tend to travel in long sleeved t-shirts, but needed fleeces at night in Portugal. Because we have 4 kids, packing is tight, as it all has to fit in one car to get to and from the airport. I endeavour to never take stuff I don't need!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now