Warm in October?

(7 Posts)
thisyearwillbefab Sun 19-Jun-16 08:36:39

Looking to take my daughter away at the beginning of October, she is recovering from a mastectomy and it's been a horrible year so far. We had to cancel our holiday for this summer due to surgery etc but hopefully by Oct she will be well enough we may be able travel.
So I'm looking for somewhere warm, to hopefully just sit by a pool during the day and a gentle meander in the evening for a nice meal. No sightseeing as such as in big days out. She doesn't fancy any of the canary islands so i was thinking about Crete or Rhodes as should still be warm there.
Any recommendations or other ideas. Budget about £500 each.

ReallyTired Sun 19-Jun-16 08:43:52

Maybe Cyprus? Portugal or southern Spain? I think you would have to go quite far south to be more or less guaranteed nice weather in October. I suggest you go as close to be beginning of October as possible.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 19-Jun-16 08:59:30

The beginning of October should still be nice in the Algarve, I live in Carvoeiro, nice beach and lots of choice of restaurants

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:04:34

The Canaries? Lovely and warm when we went 2 years ago.

concertplayer Sun 19-Jun-16 12:00:38

weather wise it has to be Canaries or Cyprus

thisyearwillbefab Sun 19-Jun-16 22:46:21

Thanks everyone, can't find anything I like in Cyprus and don't want the Canaries, will it still be warm in crete the first week of October?

Artandco Sun 19-Jun-16 22:48:25

Oman?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now