Antibes top tips

(11 Posts)
ScottishDiblet Sun 19-Jun-16 08:09:41

Hello, we have just booked an air B and B in Juan-les-pins/Antibes in September and I would really appreciate some top tips for the area. We think we will hire a car - how is parking there? Is it essential to go to the beach resort type places - they seem very expensive or are they worth it? Any lovely restaurants and cafes we should visit? We will have our three year old with us. Many thanks.

ScottishDiblet Sun 19-Jun-16 19:01:04

Bump

Anomite Mon 20-Jun-16 18:26:54

Watching with interest..

Also planning on going here this summer with my 4&6 year old.

I have heard marine land/Aqua splash good in Antibes.
I have also heard that the beaches get quite crowded- so it might be worth looking into private beaches, I think the ave price for a sunbed hire is about 20€ per person... I'm hoping you won't have to pay for children though?!!??!

We are not going to hire a car- apparently the train line (coastal) is very good- so planning a day out by train to Monaco etc...

Hopefully someone with some knowledge will come along...

ScottishDiblet Mon 20-Jun-16 21:21:13

Hello! When are you going? We are going in September so I'm hoping it won't be as busy. The private beach clubs look lovely but so pricey but perhaps nice for a day or two. The transport there looks good so I don't think a car is necessary so that's a real plus. I love planning and would love to have an idea of what to expect. My guidebooks arrived today but they have teeny sections on Antibes and JLP and that's all! Are you staying in a hotel or an apartment? I'm so excited about lovely cafés and beaches and swimming and ahem cheese and wine!

TerrifiedMothertobe Mon 20-Jun-16 21:22:28

It's lovely. Pretty expensive area, although not been to Antibes for a while. Lots of pocket money...?!

WhatKatyDidnt Mon 20-Jun-16 21:35:31

It is so easy to travel to Antibes by SNCF from Paris, and it's a lovely journey even with kids. Antibes is very well linked by train to lots of interesting towns along the coast and you can get buses up into the hills. I don't think you really need a car, and parking is difficult anyway. The food market is fab, and both JLP and Antibes's main town beaches are lovely. Tonnes of restaurants. Just enjoy wandering! September is a great time to visit.

ScottishDiblet Mon 20-Jun-16 21:35:51

Ok! Thank you, I consider myself warned re spending money! We will have our daughter with us so won't be able to do fancy dinners so will probably go to the supermarket for supplies. But maybe have lunches/breakfasts out. And I'm very tempted by the beach clubs, depending on how busy the public beach is. We are staying right by a public beach so I guess we will suss it out there first. Any must-sees or fantastic cafe or restaurants? (Child friendly). Which are the nice beach clubs? Helios? Many thanks.

Princesspond Mon 20-Jun-16 21:52:37

I love the tiny public beach in Antibes, I can't say why it just has a good atmosphere and the catering van does a delicious Niçoise salad. The public transport is great in that area of France you can travel up and down the coast easily on the buses and trains - Cannes, Monaco, Eze, Nice such a fab part of France and entirely possible to eat out reasonably.

suit2845321oie Thu 23-Jun-16 23:14:54

Hire a car and explore inland - it's much nicer, Mougins, Valbonne, Grasse, Biot, Eze, st Paul de Vence, Villefranche sur Mer

NewIdeasToday Thu 23-Jun-16 23:28:11

Lots of nice open air restaurants that do pizza / pasta in the town squares. So it's very easy to enjoy an evening meal with a young kid.

There are also a few nice little play parks. Quite simple but good fun for kids. Have fun.

ScottishDiblet Fri 24-Jun-16 11:08:10

Thank you so much!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now