Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris - non-Disney hotel advice for first timer!

(11 Posts)
Wigeon Sat 18-Jun-16 22:11:45

Can't bring myself to pay the prices for the Disney hotels, so looking into non-Disney ones. Have found B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris which is dead cheap (fine by me since we are just going to sleep there), but all Trip advisor reviews say the evening food there is grim.

Anyone been there, or another cheap hotel v near Disney? What did you do for evening food? Am planning on eating main meal in Disney during the day, so just need a supermarket to pick up bread / cheese / fruit, or a nearby cafe for something simple.

Help! I have joined the Facebook page DLP for Brits, and asked the same question, but don't seem to be getting replies, and haven't seen anyone ask a similar question yet (maybe they all stay in the proper DLP hotels?).

SeemsLegit Sat 18-Jun-16 22:14:52

I'll pm you with where I stayed

Wigeon Sat 18-Jun-16 22:35:46

Thanks so much! smile

Wigeon Sun 19-Jun-16 10:36:43

Bump

FieryWill Sun 19-Jun-16 15:41:22

I think the new b and b hotel is in the same location as the dream castle, kyriad, explorers etc. which is just outside the resort. There's nothing else there only the hotels, so if you've no transport you'll be using the free bus shuttles to and from the parcs and Disney village.

There's the Earl of Sandwich in Disney village that's quite reasonable with lovely variety of filled rolls etc. Also in the village is mcdonalds and the new York deli for cheaper options.

The shop in the train station sells some sandwiches etc. and the petrol station at the Santa Fe is a mini supermarket for provisions.

FieryWill Sun 19-Jun-16 15:44:30

Just checking - the Disney hotel prices include park tickets, whereas if you book the b and b direct then you'll need to factor in those on top. You won't get access to extra time in the parcs in the mornings then unless you buy annual passes, which may work out cheaper if you're staying a few days and also give the option of another cheapie trip within a year.

SeemsLegit Sun 19-Jun-16 18:50:43

Just in case anyone else is looking to go cheaply, travel republic do park tickets for a very good price...when I booked mine they had 2 day 2 park tickets for 97 but they were doing a special offer for 3 days 2 parks for the same price

Wigeon Sun 19-Jun-16 22:53:57

Hm, just found that the Ieish site is 200 quid cheaper for an actual Disney hotel! Are there any catches or can you just book through another country's site (I'm in England)? Even if you'd have to pay charges because of it being in euros, it would still be masses cheaper, on the face of it.

Oly5 Sat 25-Jun-16 15:22:58

We stayed here at Easter and loved it. So easy to get to Disney and huge supermarket over the road to stock up on food
www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g780713-d289828-Reviews-Hotel_l_Elysee_Val_d_Europe-Serris_Marne_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Catzpyjamas Sat 25-Jun-16 15:28:04

We've also stayed at Val d'Europe in Adagio Aparthotel. It was fairly basic but the shuttle service to DLP was excellent and the shopping centre nearby had a great hypermarket for our food (self-catering).

Wigeon Sat 25-Jun-16 19:20:09

Thanks for replies! We have gone for the Disney Hotel Cheyenne in the end, booking via the Irish site - once you factor in the park tickets, it wasn't too much more than the cheaper off-site options, and more convenient as nearer, and you get the whole Disney thing. We're probably only ever going once, so ended up thinking we might as well do a Disney hotel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now