Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with great kids facilities

(8 Posts)
mouldycheesefan Fri 10-Jun-16 07:47:57

Have posted in long haul topic but also wondering if anyone could recommend a short haul destination with great kids activities for 9-10 year olds, such as kids clubs, that are:
-Included in the price of the holiday
-flexible so kids can turn up when they want, don't have to book in Advance ,they can pop along when they want and stay as long as they want
Previously found neilsons to be brilliant for this but find that their beaches aren't great and the accommodation is quite basic.
In recent years we have preferred to do long haul but may consider closer to home for the right kids stuff.
Do want high standard of hotel and good beach and plenty to do or see in local area.
Do not want holiday village/first choice type set up or an enclave of Brits, football shirts, tattoos etc.
Looked at sensatori but have to book kids activities in advance e so that rules that out.
On the other hand, am also considering Eurocamp, haven't done it since kids were toddlers and normally more of a luxury hotel person but the kids stuff does fit the bill.
Any recommendations? We had a great holiday in Florida this year but our kids missed the option of popping along to the kids club whenever they felt like it.
Activities they have done with various kids clubs over the years include pony riding, cooking, water skiing, sailing, jet boating, bungee trampoline, evening "camp outs" tennis, zorbing, swimming etc etc they like to be active, making friends and they enjoy organised activity.
Thanks in advance

Hersetta427 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:21:42

Only the evening sessions at the sensatori you need to pre book. The daytime ones you can just turn up - they are rarely full.

onedayatatime73 Sat 11-Jun-16 12:32:24

The best place I have been to by a mile is the Princess Yaiza. I don't know how old your children are but there is something for everyone I think - have been a few times and the last time they were 12, 7 and 2. We couldn't leave the 2 year old obviously but there was plenty of soft play and children's pool with slide etc. For the older ones there are various clubs and activities where you can leave them, and a football camp each morning that does training and mini games. Nice beach at the foot or the hotel. Decent family restaurants one way, and much more upmarket restaurants the other for special nights out. It's an expensive hotel but the apartments are really stunning and the set up is so impressive. Have been to a few places that are slightly cheaper and then regretted it and gone back to yaiza again

Joneseygirl77 Sat 11-Jun-16 19:12:05

We've booked to go to Sani resort in Greece this year based on recommendations. Supposed to be great for children of all ages so might be worth checking there out. It is pricey thought but hoping it'll be a bit more luxurious than usual children friendly type resorts.

Joneseygirl77 Sat 11-Jun-16 19:12:27

Though not thought!

mouldycheesefan Sun 12-Jun-16 17:03:51

Thanks both so much. I have heard good things about both sani and princess yaiza. Lanzarote though, much as I love it, we have done all the sightseeing on the island before so probably wouldn't go back as it would be a bit samey.
I will look into sani, it says advisable to book the kids club and my kids really want the flexibility to just turn up as and when they want which they have had every year on holiday until this year. Also it stops at 6pm, they like going for dinner with their friends some evenings and it's a nice for dh and I to have some meals just the two of us. We didn't have that this year in Florida and missed it, the kids as well as us.
Thanks

pinkmagic1 Sun 12-Jun-16 18:19:39

Have you looked at Mark Warner?

mouldycheesefan Sun 12-Jun-16 19:32:02

Not looked at mark Warner as wouldn't use the sporting facilities as per neilsons so would be paying for facilities wouldn't use. Also think neilsons are better than mark Warner?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now