Holiday Villages

(14 Posts)
Stepawayspa Sat 04-Jun-16 12:51:19

Just back from Holiday Village Rhodes and had an amazing time with DH, DS (2) and DD (4).

Really want to do a HV again but a different location. Has anyone been to a few to help me work out which is the best? Trip Advisor has them all pegged about the same with Rhodes being their flagship so I hope I haven't been spoils and will feel let down at a different one.

Titsywoo Sat 04-Jun-16 12:53:48

Apparently Cyprus and ibiza qre brilliant with great beaches. We're off to Rhodes this year - can't wait smile

Caravanoflove Sat 04-Jun-16 23:35:14

I've done Cyprus twice and loved it. Tried Portugal, not as good ime.

Datingbarb Sat 04-Jun-16 23:45:02

Rhodes one is just amazing loved it so tried the one in Spain the following year and it was awful in the first week the pool was closed 4 days out of seven for the whole day because the same kids from the same family (large group) had a crap in it every morning by 10am despite the twos constantly telling people to use swim nappies!

Food was rubbish, same thing every night and found there was lots of extras that you needed to pay for

Next year I'm already booked to try the one in Tenerife

ukgirlatheart Mon 06-Jun-16 15:55:36

Ibizia one was new when we went and lots of teething problems. Miles from anywhere as well. Pool too small for number of people plus swim up rooms were miles away from the pool and main complex. It wasn't luxurious but nice the food was good in the buffet restaurant and Italian. Small beach area at the bottom but not great as very crowded

Sorry but its downhill from Rhodes, it's by far the best! Avoid Costa del Sol like the plague. Menorca good for younger kids. I'd probably go for Kos because I like Atlantica hotels generally and have never been to a bad one but its not as full on as Rhodes.

Aljargon in Cyprus is one of the better ones too.

Seeline Wed 08-Jun-16 17:38:36

Have been to Majorca twice which is lovely, and Menorca once which was also good but smaller and quieter.
Went to Tenerife last year which we didn't like nearly as much. The hotel was part of a Spanish chain which ran all its own entertainment, kids clubs etc, and the HV events/staff definitely took second place. Much less of the 'villagey' feel. Also it was very big, and a bit of a hike into the town.

Seeline Wed 08-Jun-16 17:40:14

Also - the swimming pools at Tenerife were deep - not good for littlies unless they could swim. My 11 yo DD could only just stand in one of them, but not in the other (although she is small for her age).

Undertheboredwalk Wed 08-Jun-16 17:52:33

We've been to Tunisia and Majorca, Tunisia is obviously out of use now but it was a brilliant HV, we did Majorca last year and loved it, great with smaller kids the only downside is it not being beachside but the hotel run a free minibus to and from beach all day, is about 5 min drive away.
We're going to a Sensatori in Turkey this year which has great reviews, looks villagey like HV but a bit nicer! I'd have loved to go to Rhodes HV but the prices are insane with a larger family. £10k in August! shock

dementedpixie Wed 08-Jun-16 17:55:35

We went to Tunisia twice as we liked it. Tenerife not as good. Liked Egypt but was ill after the turkey one.

How has this got to 11 posts without someone coming on to tell you to book a flight a gite in France and hire a car for half the cost? That's usually how threads on AI complexes go 😂

Hersetta427 Fri 10-Jun-16 11:55:22

I agree that you might not get close to Rhodes. Having been to 5 HV's I would say take a look at Cyprus, Kos or Majorca, Kos has its own very nice beach whereas the other two do not.

Shopper99 Fri 17-Jun-16 19:35:09

Cyprus one is good but haven't been to others to compare... Beaches generally in Cyprus aren't great though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now