nice apartments somewhere?

(10 Posts)
Frazzled2207 Fri 03-Jun-16 06:33:14

Am looking for a nice apartment somewhere (menorca? Corfu? open to ideas) probably for september but there seems to be a good choice of basic cheap and cheerful places and expensive villas but little in between. Requirements are 4 star, pool and kids' pool, 2 bed apartment for 2 adults and 2 kids. In a nice child friendly resort rather than a long walk/ drive from anywhere. Kids will be 3 and 1.
Went to montesanto in algarve once and liked it so somewhere like that! Budget 2kish for 7-10 days. Thank you x

OnyK Fri 03-Jun-16 14:39:54

By resort, do you mean a village or a set of apartemnts with pool, restaurant, kids' club etc?

Frazzled2207 Fri 03-Jun-16 14:59:03

Thanks for replying, no I mean nice village with restaurants etc. Though stuff on site is definitely a plus.

OnyK Fri 03-Jun-16 15:07:36

I found some lovely apartments in Lefkada (I think), I'll see if I can find them again! I was looking for next year. We don't normally go for luxury type places, but the dds will both have finished their exams, so I was looking for something a bit posher than normal!

OnyK Fri 03-Jun-16 15:40:13

Ahh, I can't find the ones I'm looking for! Hopefully, I saved a link somewhere. Anyway, are these any good? Lefkada looks lovely to me, but has mainly pebbly beaches, so not sure if that would be an issue?

www.lefkasblue-apartments.gr/pages/en/lefkada-apartments-accommodation-gallery.php

www.lefkadakaterina.gr/index.htm

www.alkyon-villas.gr/

OnyK Fri 03-Jun-16 17:32:30

I think it was these: www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g608863-d7132694-Reviews-Luxury_Apartments_Villaggio_Sioutis-Syvota_Thesprotia_Region_Epirus.html

Frazzled2207 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:54:42

Thanks for replying, yes they do look lovely! Struggling to find sensible flights thoughsad

OnyK Fri 03-Jun-16 22:35:40

You need Preveza airport and a taxi transfer.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 06-Jun-16 13:11:06

There are lots of bungalow complexes in Lanzarote that fill the gap between apartments and villas that might suit. Generally 2 bedrooms with a reasonble kitchen and nice outside space.

We stayed here. There was a nice supermarket, couple of restaurants and a childrens play park within a couple of minutes walk or 20-30 minutes along seafront to the resort centre. if it's too far out, googling playa blanca bungalows should suggest some other complexes closer to the resort centre.

We really liked where we stayed and there was a shopping centre that was built in the style of a Spanish village but unfortunately most of the units were empty. If it had have been full with nice tapas bars etc it would really have been a lovely place to wander and eat each day.

They're in the process of building an underwater sculpture park at this end of Playa Blanca so I'm hoping it will lead to more business in the area.

Frazzled2207 Mon 06-Jun-16 13:19:31

Thank you v helpful. I had noticed there were some promising options in playa blanca. Is PB itself nice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now