Talk

Advanced search

Croatia

(9 Posts)
rainbowmagic1974 Sun 29-May-16 18:45:28

Has anyone been and can recommend it? Specific areas or accommodation for a family of 5? We like the idea, but have no idea where to start . Thank you smile

TheWizardOfOs Sun 29-May-16 18:47:09

We wet to cavtat a few years ago. Delightful place just along from Dubrovnik. 10 minutes from airport.
Excellent ice cream. Lovely (stony) beach. Glorious weather.

Hassled Sun 29-May-16 18:56:10

I've only been to Hvar - flight to Split and then ferry. We rented a villa through ownersdirect. It was absolutely gorgeous - loved it.

AvonCallingBarksdale Sun 29-May-16 20:13:40

We stayed in Lapad, about 10 mins on the bus from Dubrovnik Old Town. We had a great time. Probably wouldn't go back to Lapad, but would stay in Lopud, an island where they have a sandy beach. Dubrovnik Old Town is gorgeous.

Madbengalmum Mon 06-Jun-16 20:12:22

Hvar is fabulous, really didnt care for split at all found it too busy. Rovinj is my favourite, just lovely.

miniswin Mon 06-Jun-16 20:13:44

Dubrovnik and Hvar both totally fabulous!

KittyOShea Mon 06-Jun-16 20:19:54

Have been twice- first time Dubrovnik, Hvar and Split- all fabulous- about 10 years ago.

Last time- Korcula, Mljet and Dubrovnik- still fabulous, especially Korcula but was astonished at how much busier Dubrovnik was.

Enjoyed it so much we planned to go back this year but a family wedding in Spain changed that plan so we're saving it for next summer instead.

Wonderful country, lovely people, great food- I think it may be my favourite place in the world!

Madbengalmum Mon 06-Jun-16 20:20:54

Dubrovnik is nice but too busy.

NicknameUsed Tue 07-Jun-16 12:51:44

Baska Voda on the Makarska Riviera. Just loved it. We stayed in a 2 bedroom aparthotel, which gave us the best of both worlds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now