Talk

Advanced search

Alternative/equivalent to Holiday Villages?

(9 Posts)
mirrorballs Mon 23-May-16 12:04:52

Looking to book next year's holiday, DD will be (just) 6 and we'll have an 8 month old. Really wanted HV Ibiza or Majorca but prices seem to have rocketed from when we've looked previously, I assume because of problems travelling to Tunisia, Egypt etc.

Please do any of you have recommendations for an AI resort that would be suitable? DD not fussed on kids clubs etc but likes to have a variety, such as play areas, mini golf etc and if there were waterslides that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

mirrorballs Mon 23-May-16 18:46:14

Hopeful bump for evening traffic

Fpmd1710 Mon 23-May-16 22:08:06

I was recently looking and found the prices ridiculously high, especially for just myself and a (will be) 2 yr old. Based on how much the travel companies seem to be wanting for places like Spain and similar places, I decided to book Cuba instead. They all seem to have kids clubs and lots of activities to do and it's pretty much the same price (or sometimes even cheaper) as the Lanzarote, Tenerife and Spain holidays I looked at.

mirrorballs Tue 24-May-16 11:23:17

Cuba? I haven't considered longhaul really. Too worried about how the baby will cope! Might be worth a look if it's coming in same sort of price though.

Hersetta427 Tue 24-May-16 12:35:06

Aparthotel protur Bonaire, in Majorca which Thomson family life or maybe a first choice splashworld hotel as they seem to be cheaper than HV's. Have you looked at the prices of other HV's (Kos and Cyprus are both lovely). Prices for Ibiza next year are ridiculous. You could always look to book direct if you bought your own flights and this can offer a considerable saving - Ibiza is one of the few HV's that allow you to do this.

Titsywoo Tue 24-May-16 12:43:27

My friend recommended going here - they have several hotels to stay at but I think El Paso is the only AI www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/location/overview/PortAventura-002315/

Fpmd1710 Tue 24-May-16 12:44:38

I've had a few people say to me about having a 2 year old on a long haul flight is going to be a nightmare, but to be honest when I have spoken to a few people who have actually taken younger ones on long flights they have all said it wasn't the nightmare people presume it would be. My mum took us to Florida when my sisters were just 9 months and she feels myself and other sisters were actually harder on shorter flights as she had less room to be able to walk us up the aisles when necessary

mirrorballs Tue 24-May-16 21:54:50

Thanks for your help, I'll have a look at your suggestions smile

fpmd I just have a horrible vision of trying to comfort a screaming baby for 9 hours and everyone else on the plane hating me! Didn't fly with DD until she was 3 but went to Egypt so a long-ish flight, but she was fine with the ipad and drawing etc to keep her occupied

foxykins Tue 31-May-16 22:54:18

Try riu hotels in furterventura lanzarote Tenerife.

They're under Thomson family life brand (I think!) kids clubs for 4-8 for free and entertainment. The furterventura and lanzarote one the food was amazing and excellent prosecco, branded beers etc

5 of us to riu in furterventura Feb half term cost us only £1860 (all older kids)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now