Portugal family holidays

(13 Posts)
babyalan13 Sat 21-May-16 20:20:35

Looking to book a family holiday for next easter. Would anyone recommend anywhere in Portugal. Not to far from faro airport. With 4 children. Age 10,8,6 and 3 thanks

Costacoffeeplease Sat 21-May-16 20:35:36

What are you looking for?

I live in Carvoeiro - about 45 mins from faro - sandy beach - lots of self catering apartments and villas - a few hotels - lots of choice of restaurants

SheSparkles Sat 21-May-16 20:39:14

Olhos D'Agua is lovely, about half an hour from Faro, beautiful beaches and loads of lovely restaurants etc. It's a bit quieter than Albufeira and perfect for kids. If you want more hustle and bustle then Albufeira is great- I'm going there for the umpteenth time in about 6 weeks...pretty much anywhere on the Algarve has beautiful beaches though, we've been going pretty much annually since do was 5, he's now 14

babyalan13 Sat 21-May-16 21:48:21

Is there any handy water parks or theme parks for kids?

Costacoffeeplease Sat 21-May-16 21:50:57

There are two water parks near us, slide and splash is the nearest, about 10 minutes drive, and another one about 20 minutes away. Zoo marine is like a smaller sea world, also about 20 minutes away

The weather at Easter isn't guaranteed to be warm and dry, it may be, but it can also be showery

SheSparkles Sat 21-May-16 21:52:43

Aqua show which is between the airport and Albufeira is great. It has loads of water rides, but there are a lot of "dry" fairground type rides too

123rd Tue 24-May-16 19:06:46

What would you say the weather would be like-obvs no guarantees- we after a small all inclusive -(it's a compromise-I want a house on a hill with out another soul in sight) kids want a bit more than just us!!!
Any decent hotels that you know of. Thanks

Costacoffeeplease Tue 24-May-16 19:26:43

There are only a couple of hotels in Carvoeiro - none offer all inclusive but these are walking distance of the beach/restaurants/shops

Carvoeiro Sol - right on the square
Mirachoro Praia
Tivoli Almansor

At Easter it can be lovely, or it can be showery, it's hard to predict - but if it is wet, it won't rain all day every day - there's a good chance of seeing some sun!

No1HolidayPlanner Tue 24-May-16 21:38:07

Weather not guaranteed at Easter!! Seems a shame to spend all that money when weather may be poor. Canaries weather should be better. We love Portugal but wouldn't risk it at Easter.smile

123rd Tue 24-May-16 21:40:54

How about weather for oct half term

Around 20 th I think mine break up, so a bit later?

Costacoffeeplease Tue 24-May-16 21:42:18

Unfortunately, it's much the same story - end of October can be lovely, but might not be

Costacoffeeplease Tue 24-May-16 21:43:31

May half term is the best bet for school holidays, outside of July/August

Mrs9C Wed 01-Jun-16 11:44:05

I'm currently looking in the same place for October, with 4 kids of the same ages. Looking at self catering as the way to go though, wondering which town best to stay in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now