Talk

Advanced search

all inclusive in August?

(20 Posts)
Purplehonesty Sun 15-May-16 18:24:59

Can anyone recommend a nice destination for us in August please?
Me, dh, ds 7 and dd 4

I would like a beach resort with nice pools, park, things for DC nearby and all inclusive.

I'd also like 10 days for less than 2k including flights.

Is this possible? And if so where should we go? Short flight and not too hot so probably just Spain...?

Thanks

mouldycheesefan Mon 16-May-16 06:36:45

Spain will be very hot in August but so will most other places that do all inclusive resorts. August can get booked up early, have you been to an old fashioned travel agent for some ideas? You can then price up similar yourself.

exLtEveDallas Mon 16-May-16 06:45:19

I doubt very much that you will get anything for £2K. Maybe Turkey, but that's boiling in August. You won't get any free child spaces at this late stage; they get taken up a year in advance. You'd be able to get SC for your budget, but not AI.

Greece is lovely in August - hot but not stifling. Agadir in Morocco has cloud cover in August so feels much cooler. Maybe a Eurocamps type deal in France as well. But TBH I think you are going to have to up your budget for anything on your wish list.

Hersetta427 Mon 16-May-16 08:13:29

For this August?

Sorry but you have left it quite late - not sure 2k will get you what you are looking for. We go in August and book over a year in advance and can't get anywhere near that price (Ours is 4k for 2 weeks).

PutAPlasterOn Mon 16-May-16 18:27:28

We're looking for the same but just 1 week. It's coming in at around £2800- 3k tho for a decent hotel.

Purplehonesty Mon 16-May-16 20:04:42

Oh man really?

It's ages since we went away, at least five years.

I couldn't book any earlier, I have my own business and just didn't know when I would be able to get away. I still don't have all the details worked out!

Am thinking of switching the holiday dates and going later in September so we can actually afford to go somewhere!

Purplehonesty Mon 16-May-16 20:06:33

Mouldy thanks I've just rung a travel agent tonight and she is going to see what we can get for our money. 7 said half board will do and I don't mind where we go as long as there is a nice pool and a park and it's safe (not Tunisia etc)
So hopefully she will get us something

leccybill Mon 16-May-16 20:11:11

Yes, not much out there for under £2.5k.
Lots of the 10 and 11 night holidays will have gone now.

I can recommend Blue Lagoon Village in Kos and Ferrera Blanca in Majorca.
We are going to Atlantica Creta Paradise in Crete in August. £2.8k for 3 of us AI for 10 days.

Yes it's hot, yes everywhere crowded and full of kids, yes you get ripped off - but I'm a teacher so no choice in the matter. I doubt I'll get much sympathy for it!

Purplehonesty Mon 16-May-16 20:18:03

Thanks leccy

Hersetta427 Tue 17-May-16 08:37:38

The Blue Lagoon is lovely - but you certainly won't get it in budget. We were quote over 5k for 2 weeks in August.

September would be much, much cheaper if you are happy to take the kids out of school. First choice have lots of options for this time within budget. I would say that given their ages, the kids would probably love the First CHoice holiday villages (lots of kids entertainment and kids clubs and great facilities and pools). Lots available within budget such as Turkey, lanzarote, Cyprus. menorca.Out of those Cyprus is definitely the best - we went last August. I put range of 13-16 September and got lots of options.

BarbaraofSeville Tue 17-May-16 15:29:16

What about Turkey in the October holidays - would it still be nice weather? Or the coming May holidays if you are able to get away then?

People are being really put off Turkey due to safety so there's loads of last minute deals but the beach resorts on the Med are probably no more high risk than Spain.

PrimalLass Tue 17-May-16 20:09:28

Jet2 might still have free child spaces. There's a finder tool on their website.

Purplehonesty Tue 17-May-16 23:19:54

Thank everyone! Yes we are looking at September as an option as I would really love one of those holiday villages. Think the kids would be delighted to go there.

However I feel a bit funny about taking ds out of school just after his six week holiday but everyone else in his class seems to do it !

Purplehonesty Tue 17-May-16 23:21:01

Hersetta thank you

I am off to look at Cyprus holdiay village for September !

BackforGood Tue 17-May-16 23:45:31

September is the worst time for them to miss school - lots of settling in and getting used to new things in a new class, with new staff, and new expectations. (Not sure if your dd is already in Reception with a Summer birthday or will be starting Reception ? - in which case x 100) If you are going to take them out of school, do it in July, not Sept.

Hersetta427 Wed 18-May-16 20:13:20

Let me know if you need any advice re holiday villages - we have had 8 holidays at 5 different locations.

Graceymac Wed 18-May-16 20:18:33

Why don't you look at the self catering option and look at 'Owners Direct' and book separate flights. Villas are very expensive but apartments less so depending on destination.

PutAPlasterOn Wed 18-May-16 21:36:44

We've managed to get booked up for Majorca. It's a Thomsons hotel but was £3400 booking with them. Booked flights with jet2 (much better times) for £1100 inc baggage and booked the hotel direct £1600 all inclusive for a week. We've been to the are before but staying with same chain but a bit further along the resort. grin

Purplehonesty Thu 19-May-16 17:40:26

Thank you. No dd won't start school this time, she is 4 in June so missed the cut off which for Scotland is February.

We've used owners direct before to lanzartote - apartment was lovely but we spent loads eating out. Would like to try and avoid that as ds can be quite fussy so I thought it would be better to have a buffet style dinner where he can pick and choose.

Will keep looking, we found a nice one on teletext holidays and the guy said call back nearer the time as they get cancellations and late deals.

mary21 Thu 19-May-16 18:35:19

www.go-there.co.uk/ has stuff in your price bracket. No idea what any of its like. Would strongly advise tripadvisoring any hotels because some all inclusive can be bad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now