Talk

Advanced search

Car hire on Tenerife

(5 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Fri 13-May-16 23:06:52

Has anyone got any recommendations? I need a 7 seater, no child seats needed. It would be for 2 drivers, around Christmas time.

It's been a long time since I hired a car on holiday (about 25 years) so what do I need to know?

Thanks everyone.

Drinksforeveryone Mon 16-May-16 10:51:49

Autoreisen are a well recommended company. I have used them once or twice. V easy to use. The office is in the arrivals by the baggage carousels. Cars all outside in numbered bays.

Avoid Goldcar. And Plus car.

New rules RE UK driving licence. Your paper counterpart is now useless. You need to register online for a code just before you go away. Thiscode allows the rental company to check that you aren't disqualified etc.

rookiemere Mon 16-May-16 18:11:27

After a hideous experience with Goldcar in Pisa one year, I now also use Autoreisen every time we go to Tenerife. They're great - quality of cars are a bit dented and scratched, but all cosmetic and they never try to falsely charge for damages. Usually you can get booster seats free as well, and a second driver. We generally pay around 100 euros per week for a small car. Their costs are reasonable and no dearer than any other reputable company - usually a bit cheaper than Hertz etc.

Madbengalmum Wed 18-May-16 18:41:56

Just butting in to say as other posters have.
Avoid Goldcar at all costs, and go for Autoreisen they are the best and cheapest generally.

SerialBodenReturner Wed 18-May-16 18:43:21

Yes, agree with everyone else. Another vote for autoreisen. Good value, cars are decent, never any hassle with pick up or drop off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now