Talk

Advanced search

new year sunshine

(10 Posts)
theredjellybean Mon 02-May-16 17:34:15

were could we go that would be warm enough for a pool/beach and isnt dubai or florida over new year.

I have thought of canaries but worried resorts will be full of noisy drinkers, we had a very very bad holiday in cyprus several yrs ago so not keen on that idea....and party will be 4 teenager girls, 2 x 12 yr old girls, and 4 adults.

none of us wild party animals , usually spend new yr in cornwall...like beaches, relaxing, reading and eating ! but last yr was so miserable with endless rain we have decided we might go in search of sunshine this year.

would prefer short haul but could fly to carribean.

any good ideas gratefully received.

mummymeister Tue 03-May-16 08:02:42

You have to go a fair old way to find proper sunshine at New year where you can swim in the pool. We went to Belize and it was fabulous - rainforest monkey treks, mayan ruins, river trips. message me and I will send details.

anywhere in Europe will just be too cold for what you are looking for. have a look at the accuweather site and put in a few destinations. if its not in the 70's then it wont be as warm as you are looking for.

Hersetta427 Tue 03-May-16 08:26:47

We have been away 7 times at that times of year. twice to the Maldives, twice to the Dominican republic and 3 times to Egypt. In fact we goot a last minute deal to marsa Alam in Egypt this last NY. Beach was lovely and 50% of the pools were heated to bath like temps. You could also look at Cape verde as they have good all year round temps similar to Egypt and similar length flight.

exLtEveDallas Tue 03-May-16 08:31:44

We are going to Hurghada for Xmas and New Year this year. We couldn't get in to our favourite hotel unfortunately (Jungle Aqua Park) so have taken a chance on Jaz Makadi Aquaviva in Makadi Bay. Looking at the Trip Adviser and FB pages for this hotel it seems we made a good choice - and the price was very reasonable too smile. I was looking at the Canaries but the prices were ridiculous and DD really wanted an Aquapark.

My sis did Cape Verde a couple of years ago and loved it, although she said it was very quiet and nowhere really to go outside the resort. Might be what you want through.

Hersetta427 Tue 03-May-16 08:37:33

We are going to the AquaViva for may half term - so it 25 days time.

Just a word of warning that Hurghada is chilly in the evening in the winter months (much more so than Sharm) and I am not talking a cardigan but jeans and a thick fleece jacket. We froze our arses off our first time but we were prepared last NY !

Hersetta427 Tue 03-May-16 08:38:59

We are going to the AquaViva for may half term - so it 25 days time.

Just a word of warning that Hurghada is chilly in the evening in the winter months (much more so than Sharm) and I am not talking a cardigan but jeans and a thick fleece jacket. We froze our arses off our first time but we were prepared last NY !

theredjellybean Tue 03-May-16 10:58:02

thankyou everyone
I will have to have discussion with other families involved, think budget might be restrictive...belize sounds fab though

specialsubject Tue 03-May-16 11:10:11

Canaries won't be kiddy drunk as long as you avoid central las Americas. Suspect you picked the wrong resort on cyprus. Clue - look on the kiddy drunk holiday sites, see where they go and go somewhere else!

theredjellybean Tue 03-May-16 11:30:37

kiddy drunk ???? website ?? omg what is that

specialsubject Tue 03-May-16 13:18:16

kiddy drunk is my term for the spoilt teens who go on holiday to get pissed and shag, there are special resorts for them. Places like Magaluf, about five centres in Greece and a couple of others.

club 18-30 is one provider, there are some others. As I said, look at their destinations and avoid! There's no reason for anyone else to go to these places. Happily the saddos are all caged together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now