Talk

Advanced search

Center Parcs in France

(7 Posts)
AliMonkey Fri 29-Apr-16 18:51:19

We're going to Lac d'Ailette in May half term. We've been to Center Parcs in UK many times but never on the continent before. I can't work out how / if you can book activities or bikes in advance? You seem to be able to order bikes but not specify them and as we need a tagalong or tandem for DS I don't want to order unless I'm sure we can have one. Anyone know?

Also any tips - I've picked up from old threads the advice to take our own pillows and do any big shops in Laon rather than CP, but anything else?

LovingKent Sat 30-Apr-16 10:51:35

Watching with interest as we're going there too!

We went to De Vossemeren in Belgium last year and couldn't book any activities before we went so I was assuming the same for this year (haven't actually checked). Last year it was easy to book them at the booking desk in the plaza. Nothing we wanted to do was fully booked but it may be different this year.

One major thing worth noting is most European Center Parcs have no oven so whatever you cook needs to be done in a microwave or on a hob. We pre-booked bedding and towels at extra cost too to save lugging them over. There was also no plug in the bath.

SitsOnFence Sat 30-Apr-16 10:59:00

Watching with interest, as we quite fancy this for the summer.

I8toys Sun 01-May-16 17:32:48

Just been to Le Bois Aux Daims at Easter. They seem to have changed the booking system so you can book certain activities a few weeks before. Not all activities but quite a few - we booked Segway, tennis and kids club. Still need to pick your tickets up at the activities booking desk when you get there.

Just check your booking to see when they become available. It also gives you a weekly planner so that you can see who has booked what.

gingerdad Mon 02-May-16 07:31:22

Off to one in Belgium been to a couple before bikes go very quickly and you usually get tokens for some free things.

Can't wait.

LovingKent Mon 02-May-16 12:12:19

Thanks I8toys and gingerdad. Just checked our booking and we can now book some activities but not all. Debating what to do as we tend to see what the weather is doing then book around it! You can't use toppings to pay for them.

Alimonkey - you can book a bike package (look under adding services then activities and select nature rather than under the other activities tab) but you don't seem to be able to specify type of bike.

smiths11 Sat 25-Mar-17 17:38:43

thinking of going to Center Parcs France for long weekend. which one is easiest to get to from ferry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now