Talk

Advanced search

Good places to stay from Marseille?

(9 Posts)
Behooven Thu 28-Apr-16 19:59:13

We've managed to get cheap as chips flights in September and we will have a car.
Quite fancy staying in 2 or 3 different places over a week but have never been to that area before. Any recommendations for lovely towns/hotels/b&bs?

Behooven Fri 29-Apr-16 18:55:56

No one?

Headunderthecovers Fri 29-Apr-16 20:32:10

The Luberon in Provence is lovely - you can pick any of the villages to stay in and visit the rest.
For somewhere larger, Aix-en-Provence is pretty in the evening with a good atmosphere. Avignon similarly.
The Alpilles area is also very pretty.Les Baux de Provence is definitely worth a visit and you could stay in St Remy de Provence or Mausanne des Alpilles both small towns in this region, although again almost everywhere round here would be a good place to stay.

Behooven Sat 30-Apr-16 10:38:21

Thanks head, I love the look of that area!

Sandgroper Sun 01-May-16 14:44:58

Hi

We are off to Marseille in August, got flights on BA points. So having 3 days in apartment on waterfront and then 10 days in a gite (in a privately owned pine Forrest) in Remy-en-Provence, both found on Airbnb.

Have been to some of this area before but a long time ago. Avignon is a pretty town, had a couple of days here in a campground.

Heard from our French friends that Aix is supposed to be the most beautiful town in France, certainly looked pretty but then so do most of the town around here.😊

Behooven Sun 01-May-16 16:37:49

sand
I keep hearing that about Aix 🙂

We like to do a bit of travelling around, we are thinking maybe first 2 nights in either Arles or St Remy, then 3 nights in Aix, then 2 nights in Cassis.

sayatidaknama Sun 01-May-16 16:42:01

I'd recommend Nimes, Avignon, Aix in that order, then back to Marseille. Nice little round trip.

Sixweekstowait Sun 01-May-16 16:46:13

Yes Aix - but also Marseille itself. I love it - the Vieux port and all the development round there. If you like your wine, loads of vineyards

Behooven Sun 01-May-16 23:45:54

🍷🍷
If you insist 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now