Holiday with DS1

(5 Posts)
EvaDelectorskaya Mon 25-Apr-16 21:16:16

I'm looking for ideas for a family holiday next September with DS who will be 16 months. We are looking for somewhere sunny, with either self catering accommodation with a pool or an aparthotel.
But we would also like to be within walking distance of a city or reasonably big town centre so we can pop DS into his buggy and head off for a couple of hours wandering around (he is always content when he can sit and watch lots of action going on around him!). Does anyone have any suggestions?

We stayed in Nerja in the south of Spain last year and it was nice but we got a little bored walking the same few streets all week. Somewhere like Nice would be perfect (we had a lovely Long weekend there just before I found out I was pregnant), but I think it would be too pricy for a fortnight's holiday eating out every day, which is what we like to do.

Any ideas?

MoonlightandMusic Tue 26-Apr-16 21:17:52

You could try Cascais in Portugal. It's a lovely town, quite buzzy, but also only twenty mins by train into Lisbon.

Can recommend Casa da Fonte there - it's quiet but got a small square in front that sometimes has a traditional carousel and is only about five minutes walk from the beaches and about the same from the train station.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 26-Apr-16 21:22:19

Yes cascais is lovely, nice big beach too - we stayed at the Albatroz right on the beach

We loved Chania in Crete, gorgeous harbour and old town with loads of child friendly restaurants. We stayed in Gerani which was about 20 mins in the bus but would stay in walking distance of town if we went again. There are loads of sc apartments in the area.

EvaDelectorskaya Wed 27-Apr-16 10:45:56

Thanks for these suggestions, I'll check them out straightaway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now