Talk

Advanced search

Somewhere warm for October half term.

(17 Posts)
BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Mon 25-Apr-16 19:23:27

I'm looking to go somewhere in October half term, not too far away (Canaries are too far - I really hate flying). I'm not looking for hot hot, but 20 degrees would be nice, being able to do some swimming, not just sun bathing.

Any suggestions please? will be 2 adults and 1x 5 year old, I don't mind a eurocamp type place with activities but with nice towns nearby as long as it is nice.

snowydrops Mon 25-Apr-16 21:08:01

The very South of France should still be warmish but may be hit and miss weather wise? Greece will be warm but anywhere in Europe at that time you run the risk of rain and storms. It's impossible to predict really! Malaga is another option, tends to be one of the sunniest spots in Spain I think but will be approx 2.5-3hr flight away.

Hersetta427 Tue 26-Apr-16 14:16:00

We go to my mums on the mar menor in spain every October half term. Had great weather every year (except last year which was awful). Mainland spain definitely warmer than the islands so one of the costa's would be ideal.

Stevie77 Tue 10-May-16 13:28:58

I just came to ask the same - are the Canaries ok that time of year?

Which island/resort with a 6yo and 2yo? We're a bit fussy and don't usually go on a typical resort holiday and like to stay in naice places with no men wearing football shirts and tattooed women (sorry).

Stevie77 Fri 13-May-16 17:58:11

Bumping for some recommendations...

QueenofLouisiana Fri 13-May-16 23:02:17

Oliva near Valencia was lovely lady October. Warm and sunny but not too hot. About 2 hours in a plane, so not too bad.

BaryMerry Tue 24-May-16 14:13:10

Bumping and watching with interest as we're hoping for an October holiday but need some ideas as this would be our first holiday abroad with DDs (6 and 9). Similar requirements to Stevie77 grin

123rd Tue 24-May-16 19:03:06

What about Portugal? I've never been but it seems v popular with friends this year. I want Mid 20s, small ish resorts. Family want all inclusive but I'm less keen. Ideas great fully received.

twinkletoes56 Tue 24-May-16 21:14:16

We were in Lake Garda in early October a couple if years ago with Canvas Holidays (like Euro camp) in a caravan. Weather gorgeous. Place lovely. You can fly to Verona and hire a car. V. Good value too.

123rd Tue 24-May-16 21:41:57

We used to go with canvas holidays in south of France and Spain as
Kids. Blooming brilliant holidays.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Tue 24-May-16 21:49:50

We went to Portugal not last October but the one before and it was a scorcher!

Stevie77 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:28:46

I did wonder about Portugal, maybe we'll give it a go - thanks for the recommendations!

Stevie77 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:31:25

Bary try Madeira. We've been twice when DD was 9mo and 18mo and it was great. Stayed at the Porto Mare apartment hotel (Thomas Cook) and can't recommend it enough. We'd go back but they stopped flying from MAN

petitpois55 Fri 03-Jun-16 16:30:52

Portugal, South of France (can be hit or miss) Southern Spain around Nerja, and any of the Canary Islands. Sadly not going anywhere this October half term as DD has exams straight after the half term.

KateLivesInEngland Wed 08-Jun-16 12:21:57

I'm looking at northern-middle Italy for October half term (ours is 28th onwards) and I'm gobsmacked at how cheap it is. Plenty of sleeps 6 apt and villas for around £300+ for the week. I've looked at weather and it's supposedly a late teens - twenty average for then which will be fine.

ralphi Wed 08-Jun-16 12:24:33

we go to Mallorca nearly every October half term. It is usually 25 degrees plus. The water is very very warm. I like Iberostar hotels, the kids activities are very good...

Costacoffeeplease Wed 08-Jun-16 12:34:54

The season tends to be very short in Italy, we went mid sept a few years ago, and a lot of places were closing for the winter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now