places to stay in France?

(5 Posts)
katyandthebaby Mon 25-Apr-16 10:20:18

Hi, we are looking to get the ferry in the car over to France for our first holiday with baby.
Hoping to stay somewhere that isn't too far to drive from whichever port we land at and nearby to some beaches. We are also looking for cottage style accommodation, with a pool, privacy but near to a village or town.
Does anyone have any suggestions at all? I'm not sure where to start looking! Xx
Kate

jenpetronus Mon 25-Apr-16 11:31:58

Some suggestions of good rental sites - holiday lettings (part of Trip Advisor) Owners Direct, and Brittany Ferries direct.

I would start with these, but I think you need to narrow it down - which port are you thinking of arriving at? There is a huge distance between Calais & Roscoff for example! Not sure if you are looking for this year, but really if you want a pool & near to town you need to ask why somewhere is still available iyswim! For 2017 you should be fine. We live and have had a gite in Brittany for ten years - for info this is our site you're welcome to ask questions about this area or travelling here and I'll help if I can.

Good luck, hope you find something!

jenpetronus Mon 25-Apr-16 11:36:33

Just had another thought! If you are just with a baby (rather than school aged children) try looking at September - in my experience it's still warm and half the price, with a lot more availability smile

Branleuse Mon 25-Apr-16 11:39:22

when and where? France is big. Are you doing dover to calais, or are you going to brittany/normandy? What sort of area are you after?

katyandthebaby Tue 26-Apr-16 19:37:52

Yes we are thinking mid September!

We don't really mind where we land, port wise, we don't mind a long ferry ride as at least we can move about with baby and get some food etc. It's just a long drive the other end that worries us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now