Talk

Advanced search

Anyone flown Iberia or BA to Tenerife?

(11 Posts)
Wiifitmama Sun 24-Apr-16 17:42:59

We fly on Sunday from London to Tenerife north. There are two families in the group with 5 kids/teens in total. It is a flight share with BA. I have called both BA and Iberia to find out if they provide meals. 4 hour and 25 min flight with 5 hungry boys does not appeal!! BA say yes they provide snacks but no meals. Then they tell me that the youngest 3 (still classed as kids) have automatic child meals (despite her telling me no meals provided). Iberia say they provide nothing. They can't both be right!! We have extremely limited space in bags for meals as we are travelling for a competition and have robotics and electronics in hand baggage.

Has anyone done this route with either airline and can tell me for sure what they provide???

Wiifitmama Sun 24-Apr-16 19:33:16

Bump - can anyone help with this?

Wiifitmama Mon 25-Apr-16 19:39:30

one last hopeful bump

RuskBaby Mon 25-Apr-16 19:52:36

Iberia only serve meals on a flight over 4 and a half hours so I would say no. Double check at bag drop/check in but I would suggest buying food at the airport.

stairwaytoheaven Mon 25-Apr-16 23:05:52

Not sure which terminal you are travelling from,we usually buy a meal deal from boots. You can take things you have bought airside on board as well as hand luggage. Have found that at least having a choice of sandwich is better than kids complaint they don't like what's on offer. Plus it's much cheaper with all those mouths to feed.

BarbaraofSeville Tue 26-Apr-16 10:32:10

I haven't flown this route, but their website says 'complimentary snacks and drinks and I have flown another much shorter BA route a few times and was given:

A gin and tonic and pretzels just after take off
A small cold meal that was salmon, salad, bread roll and cheese
Ice cream or Baileys and coffee to finish.

It was plenty to serve as lunch for me, but if you have a hoard of teen boys and the flight coincides with a meal time, it would probably be worth having something at the airport or getting something like a Boots or WHS mith meal deal - this is quite a good value thing as far as airports go.

Or take emergency snacks like flapjacks that will save with you.

Wiifitmama Tue 26-Apr-16 17:18:01

Thanks for the replies!!! We normally fly Easy Jet so are used to taking our own food. What annoys me most about this is that they can't tell me! Surely someone at BA should actually know? I am fairly sure that I was talking to someone in a call centre halfway round the world though.

Good thought about buying at the airport to save on hand luggage space. I forgot you can take that as extra. I don't think I can risk not buying food to take with a group of teen boys who could eat you out of house and home!

stairwaytoheaven Tue 26-Apr-16 19:00:08

Just for information there's nothing similar to Boots or Smith's meal deals in the airport inTenerife, there's a burger king and a couple of coffee and cake places so you may need to stock up for your journey home.Enjoy your holiday

rainbowmagic1974 Thu 28-Apr-16 22:14:04

We've flown with them to Gran Canaria. Although they code share it differs ... If it's a BA plane you will get a sandwich and drinks, if it's an Iberia plane you will get nothing!
Mad I know ...

Wiifitmama Mon 02-May-16 23:19:45

We got nothing!! Iberia plane but BA flight number. Even the check in guy from BA said we would get a snack but there was not even a drink. Terrible!

ScottishDiblet Mon 27-Jun-16 15:32:09

We just did this flight in May with BA. We got a drink and a little meal pack with a sandwich, cake and yoghurt I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now