Talk

Advanced search

Italy or other Europe suggestions for 12 and 10 yr olds

(6 Posts)
orangeplum Sat 23-Apr-16 11:55:43

We are looking for some suggestions for our summer holiday in July - late I know. We would like to go to Italy to somewhere where there are either activities for kids of 12 and 10 or where we are near to a port/town/village or somewhere to go out in the evening.

We would love to go to Italy if possible - a Forte Village Lite would be ideal (Ie cheaper as its out with our price range).

If you have other suggestions of elsewhere in Europe please do share them.

Thanks very much

OP

afromom Sat 23-Apr-16 12:00:42

Italy is beautiful, we went to lake como last year in early August. I would definitely recommend a trip, but would never go in July or August again. It was so hot, everything we did was hard work in the sweltering heat, ds (11) struggled and on a trip to bellagio 3 of us ended up with heat stroke it was so hot.
On returning I have spoken with a few people from Italy and they have said it's far better to visit either side of the summer season may and September for example.
We did have a large house (3 generations of family staying together) with a huge pool, to ourselves. Without that set up I think it would have been unbearable.

NicknameUsed Sat 23-Apr-16 17:55:12

Lake Garda is brilliant. You can get ferries around the lake and visit different towns. You can do day trips to Verona and Venice. There is Gardaland as well, but as we don't do theme parks I couldn't say whether it is worth it or not.

orangeplum Sat 23-Apr-16 18:37:02

Thanks both. I think we would prefer the beach and the coast this time but we will definitely try Lake Garda in the future.

LIZS Sat 23-Apr-16 18:40:21

There are a couple of Pierre et Vacances resorts in Tuscany, at least one is on the coast. Or there are naice Agriturismo on vineyards or villas.

Behooven Sat 23-Apr-16 23:25:51

Peschiera on Lake Garda has small beaches and water sports as well as easy access to Gardaland and the waterpark too. Ferries to the other towns and cable car up the mountain - loads of things to do for that age group!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now