Talk

Advanced search

Business trip to Israel

(12 Posts)
Ememem84 Wed 20-Apr-16 20:47:01

Am putting this in travel but it may be better in style/beauty.

Am heading to Israel for work in 2 weeks. And have no idea what to wear.

It's going to be hot. I know I should dress smart. Inusually favour blouse pencil skirt and heels for work. Will this be acceptable?

HildurOdegard Wed 20-Apr-16 20:51:19

My experience of working in Israel was "smart casual" - what you're suggesting would be fine although perhaps on the formal side.

Everyone races from airco hotel to airco office so it's not a problem unless you have to walk anywhere. Tel Aviv streets are built parallel to the beach so the air doesn't circulate at all...

Racheyg Wed 20-Apr-16 21:35:13

I have been for work around this time of year. I felt Tel aviv was more casual, the other parts for Israel.

There are some nice culottes around at the moment, with some nice blouses?!

I hope you have z good time. Beautiful country. And the tradition food is delish.

Sistersweet Wed 20-Apr-16 21:37:37

A dress and Cardi or trousers and a blouse is fine. It's very much smart casual rather than formal business dress

Ememem84 Wed 20-Apr-16 22:30:45

Great. Thanks guys.

my boss who I'm going with is going to wear a suit. But he always wears a suit. So that doesn't help me. He suggested I shouldn't be Sleeveless?

We'll be in Jerusalem for a few days then to tel-Aviv.

FinallyHere Wed 20-Apr-16 22:42:09

I found taxi's to be complicated in Jerusalem.

The company offered to send transport from hotel to offices. I was waiting outside, a car drew up, driver said I am your taxi. Only after I had got in, did we establish that he was not the one I was expecting and did not, in fact, know where I wanted to go. I got out again sharpish. I guess it was a misunderstanding in language, but even so.....

Ememem84 Thu 21-Apr-16 06:43:58

noted. Boss has been a few times before and I think our hotel is very close to the offices we'll be visiting. He said across the road so we should be ok to walk/run.

But I'll bear that in mind. I'm all kinds of nervous/excited/scared.

eurochick Thu 21-Apr-16 06:54:38

I went there on business a couple of years ago. I do recall it being more casual than The City. Men didn't wear ties. I think I wore suits or smart dresses. I'm struggling to remember. My main memory of that trip is of trying not to hurl as I was in the first tri of pregnancy.

Leave a lot of time for the return journey. Expect to be interrogated several times at the airport and make sure all electrical goods are charged.

Sistersweet Thu 21-Apr-16 14:02:53

Suits no tie is prob more likely and the forecast is for v hot. Don't know about Jerusalem but taxi's in Tel Aviv are easy to get, just flag them down and most drivers speak English. Have a good trip, Jerusalem is fascinating but take advice if you're planning on visiting the old city and take some time to enjoy Tel Aviv, it's a real party city, amazing restaurants, bars and beaches

Ememem84 Thu 21-Apr-16 17:24:24

Thanks guys!

I've been reading travel advice from the uk gov so know to expect queues at immigration and a possible interrogation.

Am only taking my phone and kindle. So that'll be easy.

FinallyHere Fri 22-Apr-16 00:24:00

Do ask the business you are visiting whether they have any links with, well not sure who its with

The people we see out there, give us a letter, sealed in an envelope, with instructions to give it to the first security people we see at the airport. The letter vouches for us as known to the <organisation we visit> and usually provides a fast track through the airport security. Worth a try at least. All the best.

lisalisa Fri 22-Apr-16 00:27:48

Def not as smart as in London and weather is variable in Jerusalem but hot in tel aviv. You will need warm
Cardi for nights in j'lem. Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now