Talk

Advanced search

France/Spain Campsite near airports

(5 Posts)
mrsgiggle Sun 17-Apr-16 11:16:43

After my post the other day about private apartments, I have decided to look into caravan parks in France/Spain, they seem to have loads more to do than apartments for my teens.
I need some advice on onces near to an aiport though, has anyone been to any?

frenchfancy Wed 20-Apr-16 08:30:16

No specific campsite to recommend - but the Il de Ré in France might suit. The airport at La Rochelle serves the il de Ré as well, you can get a bus or taxi from the airport to your campsite, then everyone uses bikes to get around. Lovely beaches and great weather.

Fourormore Wed 20-Apr-16 08:31:49

Eurocamp has Club Farret and Les Sablons near Beziers airport.

Drinksforeveryone Wed 20-Apr-16 08:37:30

A few years ago we went (with three boys) to Vilanova Park in Spain. It was booked through Thomson Al Fresco, but there other operators on site - plus the campsites own mobile homes.

Managed to get very bargainous flights into Barcelona airport - then a return taxi was arranged for us by the campsite. Was very good value too.

All had a good time there. It's a large site - with pools, shop, restaurants, takeaway foods etc. A bus stop right outside the camp;site takes you down into Vilanova I La Geltru which is quite a good sized town. Nice wide beaches there too. The train station there can have you in Barcelona in about 30 minutes.

Our DC are grown up now and don't want to holiday with us - but I would go there again like a shot if they did. It was VERY hot in August though! ;)

vilanova park

mrsgiggle Wed 20-Apr-16 14:58:28

Thanks I have looked at Vilanova Park and thought perfect, then looked again.and decided to far away from a town/beach!
Also looked at Les Sablons. Its a good contender!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now