Talk

Advanced search

Short break may half term with 2 kids primary age...UK?

(4 Posts)
schooling123 Sun 17-Apr-16 10:31:22

Hi. Please recommend sth suitable? Prefer peaceful break...if I can with 2 kids

mummymeister Sun 17-Apr-16 17:47:01

you are more likely to find a short break in the uk at the end of half term than at the beginning so from the 2nd or 3rd june onwards. most places that are self catering will be looking for full weeks rather than short breaks but you should find it easier to find one at the end rather than the beginning. what is your budget like? how many nights do you want ideally? do you want facilities like a club house, games room, swimming pool or not bothered? it would help to narrow it down a bit.

schooling123 Sun 17-Apr-16 22:04:01

Thank you - the budget not sure...all I can say modest and reasonable...Ideally I think 2 nights. We have Merlin passes - perhaps getting out of London, leave in a hotel and using Merlin for something special? Or Lake District?

mummymeister Mon 18-Apr-16 08:52:07

2 nights is going to be tough because it is the bank holiday weekend OP. I would look at a cheap Travelodge type place near somewhere that you can use your merlin passes. sorry, no idea what you consider a modest or reasonable budget!!! I would say £40 per person per night for somewhere to stay so 2 nights for 3 of you around £250 ish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now