Heated outdoor pool?

(13 Posts)
hydrangea78 Tue 12-Apr-16 21:39:43

We'd love to go away in May for a week with our DD 9mo. We regularly go swimming with the baby and would really love to do this on holiday. I've been to the mediterranean before at this time of year and really don't think the sea or pool will be warm enough for a baby. Anyone know of somewhere in med/canaries with a heated pool? Thank you!

sleepwhenidie Tue 12-Apr-16 21:42:19

Speaking from experience, you will struggle to find places with heated pools in the Canaries or Portugal, but in Spain and the South of France there are villas with heated pools, have a look for villas on Owners Direct and filter for heated pools.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 12-Apr-16 21:46:22

There are lots of heated pools here in the Algarve - for self catering apartments have a look at accommodation on monte dourado and rocha brava, both in Carvoeiro. You'll find owners advertising on homeaway, holidaylettings, owners direct....

Creampastry Tue 12-Apr-16 22:28:10

Lanzarote often have heated pools

sleepwhenidie Tue 12-Apr-16 22:36:34

I've never had any success finding villas with heated pools in the Canaries...must look harder!

trixymalixy Tue 12-Apr-16 22:39:28

We have been to the canaries and had a heated outdoor pool. Try James villas.

sleepwhenidie Tue 12-Apr-16 22:44:24

What I would advise is checking before you book, what the temperature of the pool will be when you arrive. We've had a couple of experiences where we have a different expectation of 'heated' and/or the heating hasn't actually been turned on until the day we arrived so took a day or so to reach 'warm' (at least 26deg Imo). Ds2, then age 2, jumped into one pool 5 minutes after we arrived, with great excitement but got such a shock from cold water he refused to get back in for 2 more days hmmgrin.

hydrangea78 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:41:33

Thank you all. Can't believe how difficult it is to find something!
Have looked at the above mentioned websites. Unfortunately I was really hoping for a family friendly hotel rather than a villa. A week of self catering means I'll end up doing cooking and shopping etc and I'd love a break. Someone else to make the tea and do the washing up!

mouldycheesefan Wed 13-Apr-16 20:44:53

Sheraton fuerteventura has a heated kids pool and a heated deeper pool as well as an unheated pool and is very family friendly. Sovereign families and other travel companies offer it or can book direct

Costacoffeeplease Wed 13-Apr-16 21:03:51

Why wouldn't you go to restaurants instead of cooking?

janethegirl2 Wed 13-Apr-16 21:10:34

Just been in the Canaries and the pool was lovely but only heated till the end of March, so you may have missed the boat, so to speak!

whereonthestair Wed 13-Apr-16 21:13:15

Try ischia, the waters are thermal and so warm

hydrangea78 Mon 09-May-16 08:09:00

Just to end the thread.. we are now home again after deciding on Lanzarote. Stayed in a lovely hotel called jameos playa. Very child friendly. Hotel had a large heated pool (27 degrees) that was perfect in the hot sunshine. Baby was in a Splash About neoprene wrap and was very happy.
There was also an unheated pool, but it was so icy cold that hardly anyone was in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now