Lake Garda-campsite or villa

(8 Posts)
bitofabelly Sat 09-Apr-16 19:39:08

Trying to think ahead to 2017, maybe looking at Bella Italia, boys will be 13, 10 and 8. Would it suit them. Who is the best company to book through for nice mobiles near looks etc. We also love the idea of our own space and renting a villa with a pool. Could anybody recommend one. July time, max 1600/1800 on accommodation for a week. This Bella Italia the best campsite for that age range. They like watersides and sports. Thanks so much

peppansalt Sun 10-Apr-16 21:42:11

Sorry to hijack but I'm also interested in Italian campsites grin

3catsandcounting Mon 11-Apr-16 20:42:47

We went to Camping del Garda in Peschiera a couple of years ago, not far from Bella Italia. Me, DH and DD16, DS14. (BI was fully booked)

We had a 3-bedroom mobile home booked through Alfresco (think it was a Vivaldi Luxe). It was fine; clean well-equipped and most importantly had a large decked area with a proper roof.
It rained quite a bit, fabulous thunderstorms- this was mid-August, but plenty of good weather too.
It was quite sedate, with pool, table tennis, tennis court, shop, a couple of bars and restaurants, and 5 mins walk to the lake.
Our DCs are pretty quiet so it suited them, but I believe Bella Italia is much more full-on, and I guess you'd get more for your money in the way of entertainment?

We didn't really look at villas (my preference) as we wanted the DCs to be able to entertain themselves a bit more.

'Gardaland' is a great ride/watermark which is very close by, and easy to get to.

3catsandcounting Mon 11-Apr-16 20:48:09

*warerpark

BTW - The info I gave on accommodation might be useful for you, as I think Alfresco is at Bella Italia too. It's a good company, with helpful onsite reps.
Hopefully someone with experience of Bella Italia will come along soon!

3catsandcounting Mon 11-Apr-16 20:48:43

Oh FFS - waterpark!!!

3catsandcounting Mon 11-Apr-16 20:49:19

I'm bumping this nicely for you anyway! wink

ReallyTired Mon 11-Apr-16 20:55:57

Bella Italia is a lovely site. My son really enjoyed it at the age of four. It has nice pools and good views of Lake Garda. We went with Eurocamp. Gardaland is a good day out.

Misty9 Tue 12-Apr-16 23:07:05

We're off there next week! Not much of it will be fully open yet but mine don't like pools anyway. We booked direct with the site and are getting the biggest mobile home so dd has a room for her travel cot that isn't in the living area.

Will.report back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now