Scottish islands campsites

(3 Posts)
Chippychop Sat 09-Apr-16 11:36:02

We're looking for 2/3 campsites for 4 of us + dog (DC 10&6) in late July. Our essential requirements are: Nr a loch/sea, nr a pub, nearby shop, on site showers, It would be nice if there was a playground. I do not want to stay on a holiday park where there are statics. Can anyone recommend one on mull, Arran sort of area but not restrained to here . However, Didn't want to go as high as Skye. We did stay on a great one on mull (shielings) looking for a similar one really. I think we may get a hopscotch ticket on the ferrys... That's the plan anyway... Can't wait to here all your ideassmile

happyhighlander Mon 11-Apr-16 14:46:10

Mull: www.coolcamping.co.uk/campsites/uk/scotland/scottish-isles/isle-of-mull/83-fidden-farm

I want to go here: www.camusdarach.co.uk/

Miffytastic Mon 18-Apr-16 12:33:38

I was going to say exactly those two^

Going back to Fidden Farm this year, loved it. Being next to the sea means you avoid midges. It has good toilet/shower block. Nearest shops and pubs are in Fionnphort where you meet the main road about half a mile away. No playground though.

You could cross the sea to Iona but without the car, there's a campsite on the island too.

Camusdarach had impressive facilites when we went pre DC, can't remember much else about it though sorry.

Arran - have camped at seal shore www.campingarran.com/ lovely spot but the weather wasn't kind to us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now