Talk

Advanced search

Corfu with 2 year old

(5 Posts)
Buglife Fri 08-Apr-16 13:53:28

When I was young we went to Corfu a few years in a row for our family holiday. I'd love to take DS in September for a week (with DH). We stayed in Sidari and Roda, But considering that was in the late 80's/early 90's they have probably changed a lot. I want somewhere with self catering apartments/villas, a pool, close to the sea and a smaller resort but the kind of place that has family friendly nightlife so you can take little ones out for a meal later on. I'd also like to visit Corfu Town for a day so have looked at places that are close like Dassia but I don't know how child friendly they are. We won't be driving on this holiday either. Any recommendations? There are so many places on Corfu!

Onykahonie Fri 08-Apr-16 15:10:22

We've had lovely family holidays in San Stefanos, Arillas and Ag Gordios...all have nice sandy beaches and are smallish resorts. Sidari is quite big and brash now.

Makemineacabsauv Sun 10-Apr-16 19:38:30

Roda is perfect! It hasn't changed much in 20 odd years except the beach has got bigger! Lots of great places to stay, clean sandy beach which shelves gently into the sea so safe for kids. Lots of great places to eat out on the beach and up the wee side streets. Enough tat shopping to keep kids happy but nice shops too like the olive oil soap factory and wee shop.

Buglife Mon 11-Apr-16 13:15:20

Thanks smile Roda does seem to still have that small village look to it. I want some little laid back tavernas on the beach. Sidari does look a bit massive and also seems to be pushing the nightlife to the point I worry it's like Kavos and full of drunks!

Will look at the ones you mention Ony

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 13-Apr-16 11:07:43

We went to Roda last year and we loved it, there are some lovely tavernas on the beach, littles shops and a few bars but not reall busy noisy ones.

We went to Sidari for the evening and that was a lot busier, certainly not massive but more in the way of British pubs and loud music.

Roda was much nice with children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now