Talk

Advanced search

Britax Eclipse / BA

(4 Posts)
RabbitRabbit1 Wed 06-Apr-16 23:22:24

Has anyone bought and taken a britax eclipse on a BA flight and have the found it to be worthwhile?
DD is 1 and we will be flying short haul in May, following an uncomfortable and slightly stressful flight last year we have booked her a seat and in combination with this I am thinking of taking one with us, both for the flight and the car we hired after.
So 2 questions...
I've never actually seen anyone use a seat on a plane, am I mad? I just figured it might give DH and I a (marginally more) relaxing flight experience. There's also evidence online to suggest it's safer (perhaps in turbulence? If the plane crashes it's a moot point!).
Secondly does anyone use the britax eclipse/have any up to date info - I saw it formerly had a satisfactory safety rating but struggling to see if they addressed the issues which I believe related to side impact issues.
Thanks !

AliceMum09 Thu 07-Apr-16 00:04:31

You might find this useful www.goodeggcarsafety.com/blog/flying-with-young-children-full/

I've never heard of any issues with the Eclipse, as far as forward facing seats go it's one of the better ones.

The Britax Prince can also be fitted using only a lap belt, so in theory that one can be used on a plane too? Asda had both for sale in store today as part of their baby event.

RabbitRabbit1 Thu 07-Apr-16 21:36:35

This is really great, thank you so much! Really helpful..

KP86 Thu 07-Apr-16 21:42:07

I've used a car seat on the plane, flying long haul Aust - UK. Good decision!

It was a rear facing car seat, not a dedicated baby carrier/capsule.

The rear facing seats only fit in the bulkhead rows, otherwise there's not enough room and they have to be forward facing for all other rows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now