Talk

Advanced search

Best 'school holiday' bargain

(8 Posts)
apple1992 Wed 06-Apr-16 19:20:32

Currently searching for somewhere to go away cheaply in May half term. Wondered what your best school holiday bargain has been? we haven't managed to book anywhere yet as I'm convinced I'll find a better deal...

petitpois55 Wed 13-Apr-16 09:33:55

Best school holiday bargain was three years ago. We booked through the sun holidays in January for May half term to Berny Riveriere in Northern France. We paid About £160 for seven nights. We used the tunnel to get there,- i think it was around £115, and £35 for an overnight stay in the travelodge in Dover. So just over £300 for seven nights.

Another bargain in May half term was flights to Alicante booked in March for £270 for three of us. This was hand luggage only. We then got an absolute bargain on an apartment in Benidorm for £160. So £410 for five nights in the school holidays

I've never booked this close though, so i'm not sure if there's any bargains to be had this late on.

mummymeister Wed 13-Apr-16 12:45:50

apple1992 - if you find one, then book it and share because with only 6 weeks to go you would be doing really well to find one. the changes to holidays in term time has really hit the last minute deals on the head. plus, as my travel agent friend always says "the last minute holidays are the ones no one else wants and you have to ask why!" where have you been looking and what have you found?

ZedWoman Wed 13-Apr-16 18:04:32

Best school holiday bargain....

One of these quotes is Center Parcs UK. One is Center Parcs in Belgium. Both breaks are for the same week (Feb half term).

Guess which one we booked?

pinkchampagne1 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:20:27

We have been to Berny Riviere 4 times. My boys love it there as there is so much to do and it is really good value. We didn't get as good a deal as you, petitpois55, as we didn't get a Sun holiday deal, but booked through Venue holidays and have never paid much over £200 for a 4 night break. We are going in a few weeks for May half term and it has cost £125 for 3 nights in a big static home. Love the little man-made beach there!

We have booked Center Parcs De Vossemeren for the summer holidays this year. £399 for 4 nights in a VIP lodge compared to nearly £1000 for the UK equivalent!

CleanHankie Wed 13-Apr-16 22:23:57

Got a week in Brittany in a mobile home with Canvas Holidays booked in May. Including Euro tunnel, it's cost us £310.

We've booked similar holidays with Canvas for the last 3/4 years at similar costs. Have always booked within 4/6 wks of travel

zipzap Wed 13-Apr-16 23:24:29

I've also had mega cheap deals from Centre Parcs in Europe - even when taking into account the ferry, the extra petrol for driving, and an overnight stopover in each direction to make it into a bit longer holiday.

Not sure about the May bank holiday but we've been lucky with Dutch CPs at the end of the summer - they go back about a week before we do typically so there's usually a week or two that slips into mid-season prices rather than peak season ones. Obviously depends where you live and what holidays you have (I know my dsis lives in Leicestershire and their holidays tend to be at least a week earlier than mine are in Bucks) - different countries and different counties have different term times so finding a good match for your holiday vs their off season is a good way to go.

Can definitely recommend the CP we went to in Holland (Het Heijderbos) - our dc loved it!

seb1 Mon 18-Apr-16 14:21:52

Fly form any airport in Scotland we don't have May half term so cheaper and you may get a free child place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now