Talk

Advanced search

Need help - holiday with 3 young dc's

(13 Posts)
dingalong Mon 04-Apr-16 22:11:51

My dh won't be able to take any holidays this summer. He's working 6 days a week. I've three Dc's and as we didn't get away last year (Dc 3 born last year)

I'm thinking about a holiday as the weather was so poor last year I'd like some warmth - but Dc's and I are fair skinned so not too hot.

As I'm on my own - I'd like some high quality childcare for Dc's 6,4 and 1 and really nice food, all inclusive option would be great. I'd also be travelling so not too far

My Dc's love pools but I wouldn't have dc4 and 1 at the pool at the same time.

Do any places offer a nanny facility ? I'm debating an au pair too for the summer but again would want some additional childcare. I've never used childcare before on holidays so I'd love some suggestions.

I'm afraid this might be pie in the sky and while lovely friends have offered that id join them, I'd rather not stress them😄

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Mon 04-Apr-16 22:16:23

There are Kinderhotels in Germany and Austria which are exactly what you describe. but they are expensive. It would usually be warmer and sunnier in the Alps in the summer holidays than in the UK, but not guaranteed - it would definitely be beautiful... not a sunshine holiday exactly but very much what you are asking for ...

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Mon 04-Apr-16 22:20:49

English website www.kinderhotels.co.uk/index-en.html

I've never been to one myself, we like Eurocamp type sites in Italy and Croatia grin but my neighbour's daughter absolutely raved about the one she was at over Easter, both for her 6 year old son (who had an action packed itinerary) and herself (spa sauna and fancy dining).

3boys3dogshelp Mon 04-Apr-16 22:24:26

Some Thomson hotels have a crèche with several sessions per day 6 days a week as well as the usual kids clubs. We have been to one in Mallorca the last 2 years with our 3 (one in crèche/one in toddler kids club/one in kids club) and they had a ball. The staff are all trained to UK childcare standards and they have mum and baby sessions so you can meet the staff before you leave them. I was very unsure before we went as I don't leave them with many people even at home but the kids were very happy and it meant we got time one to one with them all.

livvylongpants Mon 04-Apr-16 22:33:36

We went to a lovely thomson hotel in corfu that ran a kids club the older 2 would be able to go to. Morning and afternoon sessions plus 2 evenings a week, evenings were a small cost but daytime free.

They also had a crèche for smaller ones. Do you have a friend or relative who could come with you?

Not quite the same but we have 4,2 and 1 year olds. The 2 year old has autism and we struggle with 2 of us taking them away so our in laws come with us to lend a hand.

Worh regards to having a few small a in the pool, one of those float seats for the 1 year old and a zip up float vest for the older 2, that's what we do to ensure nobody drowns!

dingalong Mon 04-Apr-16 22:39:39

I've stayed in a kinder hotel before. The food was lovely. It was sit down service which might be fun with three.
I think they'd like a beach and some water slides though which is why I'd discounted the kinder hotels

I'm so paranoid about water safety but they wouldn't call it a holiday without a pool. Older 2 do swimming lessons but dc aged 4 can't tread water yet.

dingalong Mon 04-Apr-16 22:41:52

I was thinking of going away with my parents but my dad slapped my dc4 when we were staying with them so that's now out.

livvylongpants Mon 04-Apr-16 22:44:49

I'll try to find the link but the hotel was lovely, all inclusive which was great for us, buffet style so get in, shovel food into small
People and get out ASAP! Mine arn't the kids that will sit nicely for 30 minutes waiting for there food!

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Mon 04-Apr-16 22:45:54

Dingalong you don't eat with your kids at a Kinderhotel if you're doing it properly - you would have your 5 course adult meal with wine in splendid isolation, perhaps with a book... they have a supervised children's meal elsewhere don't you know? wink so I am told by my neighbour's daughter, as I've said I've never actually been to one and we self cater and mostly eat baguettes or pasta or pizza on the terrace I agree fine dining with several small children would be the opposite of fun grin

They mostly have pools I thought?

I have no idea why I want you to choose a Kinderhotel grin

livvylongpants Mon 04-Apr-16 22:46:15

www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/greece/corfu/alykes-potamos/hotels/family-life-kerkyra.html

dingalong Mon 04-Apr-16 22:52:38

Schwab - our dd preferred the adult food - which was gorgeous. We left her behind one day and went on a lovely hike, but our Dc's are water park mad - they love the canaries for that reason. I could bring one at a time to the water park smile

Hersetta427 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:03:26

Maybe a Thomson sensatori hotel. They have a crèche and kids club. The kids club even does an overnight sleepover session and the crèche you either book mornings or afternoons. Lots of Lovely included restaurants too. The two in turkey are excellent value this summer.

SJane45S Tue 05-Apr-16 11:28:06

I did a Mark Warner holiday on my own many years ago with my eldest DS. They've made a number of changes since (probably down to what happened with the McCanns) but a friend of mine went to Sardinia with them recently and apparently is was very very good in terms of qualified UK trained child care options (if a bit pricey!). My memory of it was that there seemed to be a heck of a lot of people effectively holidaying pretty much seperately to their children but you can pick and choose how often and when they go into the kids clubs. Could be worth taking a look at anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now