Majorca/Menorca with 18 month old - any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
TheRealNightManager Sat 02-Apr-16 16:14:33

This will be our first holiday abroad for the 3 of us. Pre-baby we would've been 5 star all the way and wouldn't have gone near AI. How time's change!

I'm trawling through Trip Advisor but haven't been to Majorca or Menorca before so wouldn't mind advice on resorts and nice hotels.

If anyone could share their knowledge and experience I'd be very grateful.

ItsJustAnotherUsername Sat 02-Apr-16 16:22:27

Can't help re hotels as I always go self catering but cala d'or in majorca is gorgeous. Lots of gently shelving bays. Very family oriented resort.

Makemineacabsauv Sat 02-Apr-16 23:25:52

Paradise village in Cala d'en Bosch in Menorca or Club Martha in Cala Egos (near Cala d'Or on Majorca. Both fab for youngsters.

jellybeans Sun 03-Apr-16 13:52:47

Santo Tomas is amazing. Lovely small village with fab parks and beaches. Compact area with everything you need. We stayed at Mestral Liebieg apartments but there are several nice hotels. We hired a car for the day and visited Cituadela (sp?) and Mahon. Also Monte Toro. Cala Galdana also worth looking at but it was busier and Santo Tomas just seemed nicer to me for families.

Hersetta427 Tue 05-Apr-16 08:11:08

If you want AI then the FC holiday villages have hotels in both Menorca or Majorca. Alternatively. the Protur Bpnaire Aparthotel could be a good option in Majorca.

Misty9 Thu 07-Apr-16 09:44:38

We went to the protur Bonaire in Cala bona, Majorca, with dc aged 18 months and 4. Lovely hotel with option for AI (we were half board which was enough for us) and lovely little marina resort for walks and eating out. Fantastic animation team too and our two still sing the songs from the kids disco! They refused to go to the kids club but it looked fun. Good pools, including huge kids splash pool/area. Near to Sa Coma beach which also looked lovely.
Hmm...maybe we'll go back!

guiltynetter Thu 07-Apr-16 09:49:02

cala'n bosch and cala'n forcat in menorca are lovely family resorts. the princessa playa

guiltynetter Thu 07-Apr-16 09:49:52

whoops hadn't finished! princessa playa in cala'n Bosch used to be a lovely hotel but it's been 10 years since I worked there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now