Does anyone know Santorini?

(5 Posts)
BIWI Wed 30-Mar-16 12:41:18

DH really wants to go there for a holiday, and as I'm currently laid up in bed with a throat and chest infection, I'm doing some idle Googling!

If you've been, where would you recommend looking for accommodation? I was thinking of a villa, with a pool, ideally not too far away from places to eat/drink so that we don't have to drive too much - but not stuck in a town either.

Any suggestions will be very gratefully received smile

BIWI Sat 02-Apr-16 13:11:00

Anyone around this weekend who might be able to help, please?

redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 19:49:40

Hello We went to Santorini a couple of years ago. Truly stunning you will love it. We went to Oia (pronounced Ee-ya)which is where you get the classic views from you see in magazines. We stayed in a small and b witb pool. Then we also went to Perissa which is more laid back, cheaper,beaches etc.

BIWI Sat 02-Apr-16 21:44:08

Thanks very much! Who did you book with/travel with? I've come up against some eyewateringly expensive places - can't believe it's £20K for a fortnight!

redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 22:54:59

Yes we didn't pay that we had a week for about 1k including flights and accommodation, b and bs but perfectly fine with pools etc all walking distance of main areas. I booked separately myself. Flew easyjet and British airways then booked accommodation separately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now