Talk

Advanced search

Cheap central places to stay in Dublin?

(7 Posts)
NoMoreMrRight Mon 14-Mar-16 14:42:05

Hello,

Going on my own for two days at half term and looking for somewhere to stay.... a bit lost as to what are the best areas to stay (might be booking an Airbnb, not sure sure). Would prefer somewhere really central so I can walk back after having dinner... oh and recomendations on cool places to eat, especially in the evenings, on my own would be great too please.

Thank you!

Janek Tue 15-Mar-16 18:47:24

we went to dublin at february half term. it seems there is nowhere cheap to stay (i guess one person in a dorm room in a hostel might be cheap, but there were four of us, so hostel was expensive). we stayed at jury's inn in christchurch. it was very nice, not very cheap, but not any more expensive than anywhere else.

you could walk to town, or get a bus, it was right on the edge of temple bar.

Dionzoe Tue 15-Mar-16 23:25:30

How much did you get flights for? I love Dublin haven't been for ages but want to take partner for a surprise.

Dionzoe Wed 16-Mar-16 14:35:00

NoMoreMrRight I'd go for Temple Bar Inn, Fleet Street, in fact am browsing with intent right now! Pricey but location is so good! Some reviewers say it's a bit noisy but we wouldn't be sleeping much haha smile not sure if you're going on your own but it might be worth a look. Hope you find a good deal.

Glitteryfrog Wed 16-Mar-16 19:02:43

We stayed at the jury's inn (when it had just opened) it was reasonable at the time.
Worth a look?

bitofabelly Thu 17-Mar-16 07:07:16

The Central Hotel on exchequer street, can't get any more central. I also really like The Morgan Hotel

NoMoreMrRight Thu 17-Mar-16 17:46:34

Thank you all for the recs. They were all out of my budget unfortunately so I went with a really lovely Airbnb. Much cheaper and the location is really great.

Looking forward to it now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now