We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help! Would like to find a cheap ! all inclusive holiday for family of 5 in schools !

(7 Posts)
josben Mon 07-Mar-16 19:21:02

We haven't been away for a few years and DH has got a bonus so would love to find something anywhere for under 2k ...? Is that even possible ..?! 😀😳

Tia x

josben Mon 07-Mar-16 19:23:38

'School holidays '!

BarefootAcrossHotLegoPieces Mon 07-Mar-16 19:26:45

Assume you Are after a week in Europe?

Can you do the may half term?

Why AI? You may get better value booking the elements separately and buying simple meals..

apostropheuse Mon 07-Mar-16 19:32:19

I would be amazed if you found an all inclusive holiday for five during the school holidays for under £2,000. You will be paying three adult prices and two children prices!

NotMrsTumble Mon 07-Mar-16 19:44:43

We managed Menorca AI for 5 (3 bed apartment in AI complex) for 2.3k for a week, BUT, this was at the very end of the season (Scottish Oct half term), flying from an English airport. The exact same holiday from our local airport would have been £1k more for only a 2 bed apartment. Plus we saved by not booking the AI through the tour operator, but by upgrading to AI on - site. (Confirmed with the hotel that this was possible by email before I booked). The weather was on the cooler side 15-20C, but still better than at home. Not one of the best AI resorts we've ever been to, but it did the job when we all needed a break. I do like AI as it's easier to budget and out works well if your kids can be fussy /fickle with food, and it means a week of saying "yes" to ice cream/drink requests without thinking about budget. Not sure if you'd get anything high season for that sort of budget though. We've also saved in the past by booking AI accommodation direct with the hotel and then budget flights, although then you need to arrange transfers too.

josben Mon 07-Mar-16 20:02:15

Ah thanks for your posts - yes we could go in May half term 👍 And I really wanted ai to take all the stress out of budgeting ... Although DH doesn't drink ! So it may not really be necessary ! Menorca sounds good 😀

Hersetta427 Fri 11-Mar-16 15:38:58

There are some excellent deals to Hurgharda in Egypt for May half term and the weather would be brilliant - in fact that is where we are headed. Most hotels have their own large water parks to keep the kids entertained, although you may still struggle with a 2k Budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now