Talk

Advanced search

Now christmas is over, and it's cold and grey, need good ideas for summer hols with a 2 year old.

(8 Posts)
PanicPressiePants Mon 01-Jan-07 21:31:32

Come on, lovely summer holiday ideas needed!

cailin2 Wed 03-Jan-07 23:57:26

I think you cant get better that a French campsite when you are travelling with kids - no balconies or drunken louts to deal with ! Some sites are so well serviced you need never leave them for your week or two, but France is such a beautiful country it would be a shame to miss it. We usually stay at a fab site, Camping La Sirene in Argeles sur Mer in the South of France and love it there, this will be our 5th year going back there & we usually stay with frenchmobilehomes.com These are privately owned homes on the site & they are really well equipped & cater for small kids, ie baby monitor, travel cot, high chair & even a games chest in one that we stayed in. I was a confirmed package holidaymaker until I reluctantly agreed to try France & now I'd never go back to a package while the kids are young anyway!!!

sallystrawberry Thu 04-Jan-07 00:00:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rbj949703 Thu 04-Jan-07 01:28:36

We've just booked our summer holiday. First holiday abroad since 2002.

We're off to the South of France for the last 4 weeks of the summer holidays. All booked independently for £2000 (for 5 of us).

Return coach to Gatwick
Return ba flights to Nice
1 Bedroom apartment for 4 weeks.

Good websites for accommodation

www.holidaylettings.co.uk

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

and

www.holidaylets.net

I've been nagging dh for the last 16 years about going to France. Hope I don't have to nag him for another 16 before I get to Australia and New Zealand!!!

PanicPants Thu 04-Jan-07 19:10:41

Ooh quite like the idea of south of france, might need convincing about the camping side of it though!!

Aznerak Thu 04-Jan-07 19:37:16

Message withdrawn

JoshandJamie Thu 04-Jan-07 20:16:22

Try Tots to France

All fabulous child friendly gites and chateaux - all the kit you could possibly need for babies/kids and they range in size depending on how many people will be going.

PanicPants Thu 04-Jan-07 20:18:44

Thanks for all your ideas. Unfortunately I am stuck with the school hols as I'm a teacher.

But will definitely look into both ideas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »