Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ryanair children's checked in baggage fees

(6 Posts)
Silvervectratourer Wed 17-Feb-16 21:20:16

Hi. I'm after some advise please...we are going away on holiday as a family/group flying with RyanAir. The cost of a 15kg checked in bag is £45 for the adults and £15 for children. You can check in up to 3 x 15kg per person. Is there anything stopping me booking 3 bags for a child and using 2 of them myself.

girlywhirly Thu 18-Feb-16 10:00:06

I don't know for certain, what you put in those bags is your choice. It would be OK if you have three DC, but wouldn't it look a bit odd to check in three bags for one DC unless one was a travel cot/pushchair/carseat?

Ididnthearanything Thu 18-Feb-16 18:46:02

Nothing to stop you. However, afaik, they won't let you buy only kids baggage for the flight. I think it's 1 child's bag per 1 adult bag. So you can't just have 3 kids bags. You will probably have to buy 1 or 2 adults and kids bag.

Fourormore Thu 18-Feb-16 18:49:19

Yep it's 1 child bag for each adult bag.

MaryWortleyMontagu Fri 19-Feb-16 22:02:28

Nothing. Last time I flew Ryanair with dh and DD I booked one 20kg bag for myself at full price, no baggage for dh and one 20kg bag and one 15kg bag for DD at half price each! In reality all three bags had a mix of our luggage and belongings. How on earth are they even going to know what is in each bag? Especially as a family travelling together. All the airport staff will care about is that you are checking in the correct number of bags that you have paid for and that each bag is the correct weight that you have paid for.

Blu Mon 29-Feb-16 18:29:34

I have seen on a TripAdvisor forum people reporting that they were being asked for more money at the airport if they ONLY had a child's discount checked bag, and no full price checked bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now