Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Late April/Early May 4 night break with kids. Salou and Portaventura?

(4 Posts)
misspym Wed 17-Feb-16 12:05:18

We were planning a week away with 7 & 9 year old for the first week of May. Unfortunately something has come up that restricts us to 4 nights.

I've been looking at Salou with a trip to Portaventura included but I don't know anyone who has been.

Has anyone been and would you recommend it?

Thanks

Milliways Wed 17-Feb-16 17:31:42

We stayed in the Sanguli Campsite in Salou, which I see from The Alan Rogers website has just won an improvement award for the new water slides etc they have added ( we thought it was good when we went so even better no way). Stayed in an air conditioned mobile home with Thomson Alfresco and drove down after a Dover Calais Ferry crossing with an overnight stop in a Campanile in France.
Salou was great for us. It's not a 'pretty' town, but does have a great beach and lots of shops, bars and restaurants for all budgets. The station gives an easy day out to Barcelona too.
We had a 7 day pass for Portaventura so popped in an out several times, D.SC. was an older teen and loved it, but there are lots of rides for all ages. We didn't go to the waterpark next door as was August and didn't want to fry but it looked great fun too.

PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 17-Feb-16 20:14:59

I've been to Salou a couple of times. Theost recent though was 10 years ago.

It is very lively. Plenty to do. At that time of year shouldn't be awash with rowdy 18-30 types though

Port Aventura is very close to the town centre of Salou

I went once - pre DC - so probably about 1995?

I think there are many more rides now. I enjoyed it. Seemed goo value too compared to alton towers and other UK parks.

4 days can be enough if you plan it well.

Goatcoat Thu 18-Feb-16 22:05:31

IMO Salou is grim. Cambrils just down the road is much nicer...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now