Talk

Advanced search

Sun in October for a family of 5

(3 Posts)
hinkyhonk Sun 07-Feb-16 22:41:33

We want to go away for the October half term and are looking for some ideas or recommendations of where to go.

We've only ever gone on holiday as a family in the UK or in the south of France and driving ourselves so have no idea where to start with flying and or packages etc. I just can't work out how to do it. Should we book a package that includes transfers? Or book flights, car hire and hotel separately? If we do a package any suggestions of who to go with? What about rooms? We can't all share the same too for a week?

DH and I are well travelled but would like a week in the sun with a pool to relax as much as possible with a 7, 4 and nearly 1 year old. For some reason I just can't work out where to start.

SJane45S Mon 08-Feb-16 08:35:57

Cheaper to book separetly. Use Skyscanner for the flights to give you the cheapest options. Once you've got a few ideas of where to go, use Expedia or Booking.com to source hotels - search using the criteria of 1 room, 2 adults and 2 kids (it'll ask the children's age). Once you've got some hotel options, check them out on Tripadvisor to see what others have to say and decide from there. There are a number of companies such as resort hoppa that do airport pick ups - they'll give you a price online for the transfer and from experience they do turn up! As to where to go, think of a few places you'd like to go and look up October temperatures. Good luck!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 08-Feb-16 08:39:29

We've has two lovely half term holidays in October, one in Crete and one in Gran Canaria. Both were hot enough to go in the sea and pool, and sunbathe. We tend to book hotels and flights separately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now