Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Denia ( alicante)

(5 Posts)
camera Wed 27-Dec-06 14:28:43

am looking at it for a family holiday abroad ( first one) is the area okay for a young family?

jampots Wed 27-Dec-06 14:29:26

its apparently very english my inlaws live there along with millions of other brits

camera Wed 27-Dec-06 17:52:06

oh no not what we wanted, thanks

puffling Sat 06-Jan-07 19:54:42

Go to St Feliu de Guixols on the Costa Brava. It's a lovely seaside town where most of the holiday makers are Spanish. There are some lovely holiday homes there and some nice hotels.

wotzsaname Tue 09-Jan-07 15:01:26

camera if you want a family holiday maybe you would want somewhere where English is widely spoken and UK taste are taken into consideration.
Javea is nice just north of Denia, a mix of tourist, no big hotels along the sea front, so lots of villa people. Its a neighbouring town of Denia.

Also further north is Gandia, mostly visited by Spanish and very nice too. Most fantastic beach I have been to. Gandia is long way from Alicante airport, may be closer to Valencia.

See map Denia Map

I wouldnt stay in Altea or further south, visited and didnt like it. But south is Benidorm is further South and also worth a day visit to Aqualandia Water Theme Park.

I think Spain is a good choice for your first trip, but it is so large you may have to do some research on tinternet to find whats good for you.

FWIW i love south of France too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »