Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Luxury adults short break - Santorini, Ibiza or...?

(13 Posts)
NotPennysBoat Fri 05-Feb-16 16:04:59

Big anniversary for DH & I next summer, we would like to go away for a few days. We would be going outside of school holidays and leaving our two small children behind.
I'm imagining a luxury hotel (B&B only) with nice pool and maybe a spa. Not necessarily adults only but certainly not overrun with children! Walking distance to a town or village with bars and restaurants where we can while away an evening people watching with a bottle of wine. Would be nice to be able to hire a car for a day and explore. Beaches not essential, but love a sea view.
I don't want much, do I?
I've been looking at Santorini and Ibiza (the idea of going somewhere we wouldn't take the children appeals), can anyone recommend either? Any specific resorts or hotels? Or somewhere else I've not considered?

Madbengalmum Fri 05-Feb-16 18:54:47

How about sicily if it is for the two of you, very beautiful, fabulous hotels.

Taormina in particular.

NotPennysBoat Sat 06-Feb-16 20:41:44

Oo haven't considered Sicily, will take a look thank you.
Any other opinions?

mineofuselessinformation Sat 06-Feb-16 21:41:30

Sicily is lovely, and I also stopped off in Sardinia, which is equally pretty.
Having visited Santorini, I definitely want to go back - it's the only place I've ever been that is as stunning in real life as it looks in the pictures.

NotPennysBoat Thu 18-Feb-16 21:12:18

Any other opinions on Santorini vs Ibiza or specific hotel recommendations? Can't fly to Sardinia from my local airport so that's out.

longlivetheking Thu 18-Feb-16 21:22:13

Santorini is absolutely stunning.
I went years ago and stayed in a budget place so no good for recommendations but I second the pp who said it is as beautiful as it looks in brochures. Will definitely re-visit one day.

If you have a decent budget look at the Grace in Santorini with Sovereign Holidays. This is my fantasy hotel should I ever get someone to look after ds for a week grinGrace Hotel

Behooven Thu 18-Feb-16 22:09:03

No sea views but we stayed in this idyllic converted convent, 5 minutes from lovely restaurants, easy drive from French seaside. We had Conti Suite, four poster bed, bath for two with candles .....
Just an option for something different

www.galeries-de-beaulac.com/conti.htm

nmg85 Fri 19-Feb-16 09:42:40

Santorini or Mykonos? Madeira?

Jecan Fri 19-Feb-16 09:55:11

Fly to Pula in Croatia then stay in Rovinj. It's a beautiful small town with so many cute small streets & lots of places to sit with a bottle of wine and watch the world go by with a great view of the Adriatic. I would love to go back without the dc. Don't know of any names of hotels but it's a tourist area so im sure there are lots.

Funandgamesandfun Fri 19-Feb-16 17:43:26

I've stayed at the Grace, Santorini. It's every bit as fabulous as it looks and totally unsuitable for children

Daydreamer3 Tue 01-Mar-16 20:27:03

Been to both albeit Ibiza both times were more of a 'girls holiday', santorini I went last September as a couple. Would recommend santorini over Ibiza, very romantic, beautiful and fund to hire a quad/ car and explore the island smile

Makemineacabsauv Sat 12-Mar-16 23:50:50

Santorini is special - especially the sunsets at Oia. The other places you can do with kids but they'd spoil Santorini. It's not a child centred holidayI used to guide day trips there from Crete so went a lot of times but never stayed anywhere special. It is one of those places you always remember. Resorts with beaches have black sand but scenery is spectacular. Go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now