Talk

Advanced search

Southern Spain for Girl's Trip

(12 Posts)
stumblymonkey Thu 04-Feb-16 12:43:29

Hi,

I'm planning a four day trip to Southern Spain with 9 close friends.

We're looking for somewhere that has a decent selection of restaurants and bars. Some shopping but also culture so ideally an 'old town' and/or harbour and things that we can see/do.

We don't want anywhere too touristy/English. We're not interested in clubbing and want some bars but we don't want to go somewhere that is all about the nightlife.

Puerto Banus is out as I understand it's mainly for the cast of TOWIE and WAG wannabes?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

SJane45S Thu 04-Feb-16 19:39:46

Seville or Grenada? Both very pretty with lots to see and do. It's not Southern Spain but how about Barcelona as an idea as well?

SJane45S Thu 04-Feb-16 19:41:12

Sorry - Granada not Grenada!

Backingvocals Thu 04-Feb-16 19:41:40

We had a gorgeous time in Seville at this time of year - beautiful orange trees everywhere. Lovely walkable town.

HelloClouds Fri 05-Feb-16 10:26:48

I'd second the Seville recommendations.

Also consider Cordoba, a really beautiful city. The Mezquita is stunning and the Juderia is lovely to walk round. When are you going? Cordoba has a patio festival in May where lots of the spectacular courtyard gardens are open to the public (see english.turismodecordoba.org/patios-de-cordoba.cfm ).

Or if you're looking for something a little more undiscovered try Antequera, which has a lovely old quarter around the Moorish castle and lots of lovely traditional tapas bars and restaurants!

stumblymonkey Fri 05-Feb-16 12:57:48

We're going in mid-May...will definitely check out these recommendations, thanks!

Onykahonie Sun 07-Feb-16 11:13:45

How about Malaga? Lots of cheap flights, nice old town plus a new harbour area.

PolovesTubbyCustard Sun 07-Feb-16 16:00:16

Madrid.

Bars and culture.

I love it

CurlyhairedAssassin Sat 20-Feb-16 21:17:09

Barcelona!

MadauntofA Sat 20-Feb-16 21:29:34

Malaga definitely

superram Sat 20-Feb-16 21:33:49

Seville, Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona are all lovely. Malaga not so much, a poor persons Puerto banus. You may find Madrid is the cheapest to fly to.

popflos Wed 24-Feb-16 12:38:51

jsut a thought, if your heart isnt set on city break, you could do country side instead at cuatrefinques.com little hotel i stayed at on girls trip and it was heavenly, about an hour from alicante, we got collected in a little bus and loads of bars and places to eat close by. thing in a city as a group of 9 is you walywas have to faffa around iwth reservations, we found the little hotel was perfect and without a city to get lost in we made our own fun. way better than barcelona the year before jsut for ease and less arguing!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now