Talk

Advanced search

All Inclusive where people don't just want to eat chips...

(24 Posts)
Legofriend Wed 27-Jan-16 09:41:01

We're looking to go away for 2 weeks in August with our 7 year old. Would love to find an all inclusive hotel that has a great kids club but where the food isn't limited. Can anybody recommend a hotel?

exLtEveDallas Wed 27-Jan-16 09:53:59

I've only gone AI for the last 10-15 years, and I've never had to rely on chips - for any of the family.

Best food for quality and choice was probably the Louis Phaethon Beach Club in Paphos, Cyprus. Consistently good, very well done and lots of choice.

Second probably the Holiday Village Manar in Tunisia - DD would have lived on the fantastic pasta dishes if she could - for breakfast as well!

Both hotels had very well run kids clubs and entertainment.

Actually, this has reminded me, we did have terrible food once, at the Caribbean Village Agador in Agadir, Morrocco. It wasn't a 'chips' issue, it was a quality issue in general and the fact that the hotel catered for mainly French guests (so for eg, breakfast was only ever French bread and hot chocolate or pastries. No other choices)

This year we are returning to our favourite hotel in Egypt (3rd time). The food isn't bad but it's very 'un-british' so unadventurous people would struggle. There is a choice of 7 restaurants though, so even the fussiest of people should find something they like. The kids club is dire. However, we love this place - the rooms are fab, the pools great, the waterpark amazing and the people lovely.

Legofriend Wed 27-Jan-16 10:06:36

Thanks Ex, I'll take a look at them. Love Cyprus so will start there!

Bunbaker Thu 28-Jan-16 08:19:44

I'm surprised that you are recommending Tunisia and Egypt as holiday destinations just now.

exLtEveDallas Thu 28-Jan-16 09:19:45

Hurghada in Egypt is absolutely fine and safe. The hotels are well managed and protected. The recent knife attack was no different to a knife attack in any town or city across the world.

Tunisia is the same - it was an attack from a beach setting, it could happen in Benidorm just as easily.

The World is a dangerous place. I won't let terrorists stop me travelling and enjoying myself. Many other people feel the same.

MrsJayy Thu 28-Jan-16 09:23:55

Any of the hotels i have been do in majorca and canary islands had a great range of food it gets samey but you can avoid chips we found AI a waste of money tbh and prefer half board and just buy drinks as and when

Legofriend Sun 31-Jan-16 07:51:04

Thanks all. Think we're between Cyprus and the Canaries.

DragonRojo Sun 31-Jan-16 09:27:13

I went to a RIU hotel AI in Lanzarote and I remember the food as really good. The food in Gran Costa Adeje in Tenerife was good as well, but the kids club wasn't

BoredHorse Sun 31-Jan-16 09:35:32

H10 Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote

ShinyShinyShiny Sun 31-Jan-16 09:39:06

I always been impressed with the food at Sensatori hotels, plenty of local dishes which I particularly liked.

I've never had to rely on chips at an AI either - I'm not sure where people get this idea from tbh. I've stated at several Atlantica Hotels and the food has been great at all of them, the Holiday Village Rhodes was probably the best. Going to one of their hotels in Cyprus this year, the Aeneas, and expect much the same. Riu hotels are generally good too.

maitaimojito Sun 31-Jan-16 09:40:35

We went to the Cornelia Diamond in Belek, Turkey last year and the food was amazing. Loads of different restaurants to choose from including a huge buffet restaurant, although from memory I think some of the a la cartes didn't allow children under a certain age (possibly age 6?). We didn't use the kids club but there definitely was one.

We've heard good reports about other hotels in Turkey and there are loads so could be a place worth considering. We liked the Mediterranean coast (Antalya area) although Belek didn't have much to see/do if you like to go out of the hotel exploring. It was mainly large hotels and a lot of them geared up for golf with golf courses part of the complex (we aren't golfers but just wanted a relaxing holiday for a week with good food and it did provide this).

exLtEveDallas Sun 31-Jan-16 09:52:19

I prefer Cyprus (used to live there), but either are a good choice.

In Cyprus (Paphos) the Louis Pahaethon, The Aliathon (Holiday Village), The Louis King Jason and the Riu were all V good for kids; the food was great at the Phaethon, good at the King J and Riu and ok at the HV.

In Limassol the Atlantica Oasis and Atlantica Miramar were good - DONT go in the "Garden" side of the Oasis though. St Raphaels was amazing (but pricey) for kids and food. Crown Plaza & Amaethus were both lovely for adults and food but not great for kids.

I've been to a few more, but these are the stand out ones smile

namechangedtoday15 Sun 31-Jan-16 09:58:59

Have you looked at Northern Cyprus if you like Cyprus? We've done AI there and the food has always been very good. Not as touristy as southern Cyprus so not always as geared up with kids clubs etc.

Babymamamama Sun 31-Jan-16 10:00:59

Turkey or Greece? We've done both. Lovely salads, grilled meats, fresh breads. Chips were never an issue.

Longdistance Sun 31-Jan-16 10:16:28

Our favourite holiday was Club Med Phuket. AI and we lost our dd's ALL day to the kids club grin
We've lived the Almond Beach reset in Barbados too, as their kids club was morning, afternoon and some evening sessions, and you could pick and choose. They had excursions included in the hotel price thrown in too. The food was different every day.
We did do a Thomson holiday to Tunisia two years ago, although the kids club was great, the food was repetative ie chips, nuggets, sausages.

eckythumpenallthat Sun 31-Jan-16 10:21:33

We went to Viva Menorca in well....Menorca last September. Absolutely fantastic. Nice small hotel, apartment based. Nice kids pool and a main pool too. Food was nice and varied there was a seafood night and that was delicious. First all inclusive and we're looking to go back next year. It's in Cala n'bosch wich has enough to keep you entertained but not neon and lairy

FortyFacedFuckers Sun 31-Jan-16 10:25:56

We have been to the Bahia principe in Tenerife 5 times and have always enjoyed the variety of foods in the 5 restaurants but I can't comment on the kids club as DS has never been to it.

pieceofpurplesky Sun 31-Jan-16 10:29:23

The Barcelo Thalasso Spa in Caleta De Fuste in fuerteventura is a brilliant ai and gorgeous hotel

MrsJayy Sun 31-Jan-16 10:31:12

We stayed in a barcello hotel in Majorca it was lovely

lanbro Sun 31-Jan-16 10:35:36

We're going to a First Choice Holiday Village, recommended by friends for it's excellent kid's facilities and wide food choices. Obviously we've not been yet but I have high hopes!

loopyloo87 Sun 31-Jan-16 18:57:56

I've been researching the Sarah Elba but we are late booking for Easter hols.. The prices for flights & hotels are going up by the day I can't believe the prices sad

chipsandpeas Sun 31-Jan-16 18:59:57

id also recommend the louis pathenon beach in paphos, i love the food plenty of choice

Legofriend Sun 31-Jan-16 23:02:37

Wow thank you! Loads of recommendations to look at!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now