Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for Spain in Oct please!

(7 Posts)
avaj Mon 18-Jan-16 11:27:52

Planning a rare family holiday abroad in Oct. Needs to be shorthaul, but wanting to find the best weather we can, so kids can enjoy the sea and the pool. Looking at Spain or possibly Portugal. Any advice on areas or hotels would be a fantastic help.

mouldycheesefan Mon 18-Jan-16 14:05:56

I WoUlster suggest a heated pool for that time of year

mummymeister Mon 18-Jan-16 14:29:46

you are going to be very lucky to find a pool you can swim in, in spain or Portugal in October. they say the pools are heated but they aren't. not to the temp you would want children to swim in anyway. to be sure you either need to go for somewhere with an indoor pool or go further south.

have a look at accuweather website so you can see air temps.

avaj Mon 18-Jan-16 16:59:06

Where would be best weather wise for shorthaul in Oct? We are used to the sea in Scotland, so fairly hardy!
The only other holiday abroad we have been on as a family was he Algarve in April, where we were in the sea and a rather chilly pool. I had hoped that Oct would be warmer than April....

PolovesTubbyCustard Mon 18-Jan-16 18:20:48

I think costa del Sol should still be warm enough in October.

If not you could go to the Canaries. Longer flight but October should be v nice temps for you

I went mid Nov a few years ago and it was fairly warm.

PolovesTubbyCustard Mon 18-Jan-16 18:22:30

My post doesn't make sense. Sorry.

Went to Costa del Sol one November.

Have been to Canaries many times and it's nice most of the year.

avaj Mon 18-Jan-16 21:40:56

Thanks for the advice everyone. If temps were mid 20's that would be like a decent Scottish summer! Was hoping for a 3 hour flight at the most, but will have a look at Canaries also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now